Upcoming Covid-19 Vaccine Clinics11/16/2021
Wednesday, November 17th at Whitman Elementary School, 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Portland Public Schools (PPS) will hold a pediatric vaccine clinic at Whitman Elementary School this Wednesday, November 17. Our community has been invited to attend between 5:00-7:00 p.m. (Whitman Elementary School is located at 7326 SE Flavel St. in Portland.) Working in partnership with Costco Pharmacy, the clinic will provide PPS families with low-barrier, FREE access to COVID-19 vaccines - including the recently approved pediatric Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for children ages 5-11.
Portland Public Schools has experience hosting vaccine clinics across the district for students ages 12 and up, and looks forward to expanding vaccine offerings to students ages 5-11. Here are the full details on this week’s vaccine clinic:
- Students and families from Marysville may obtain their vaccinations from 5:00-7:00pm. Please note that vaccine supply is limited and will be offered to Whitman students and families first by appointment, then to other PPS families on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian to receive a vaccine.
- Vaccines are free. No ID or other documentation is required to receive a vaccine, but if you have insurance coverage, please bring your insurance card.
- The adult dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, as well as booster shots, will also be available.
- Because this vaccine is a two-dose series, PPS will host a second clinic on Wednesday, December 8 from 3:00-7:00pm. A second dose appointment may be scheduled at the first clinic this week.
Thursday, November 18th at Providence Park, 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.
In partnership with Providence Health & Services, the Portland Timbers and Thorns FC will play host to a COVID-19 vaccine clinic for children ages 5 to 11 at Providence Park on Thursday, November 18th.
The pop-up clinic will run from 4 to 8 p.m., offering Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines while supplies last. Those attending should enter through Gate F on SW 20th Ave. and SW Morrison St. This is a walk-in clinic; no registration is required.
Children will receive an age-appropriate dose that is one-third of the adult dose, while containing the same active ingredients. Smaller needles designed specifically for children are also used for this group. The COVID-19 vaccine is free, safe, and over 90% effective at preventing the virus in younger children. In addition, the vaccine protects kids from some of the most damaging long-term consequences of the virus.
For additional information on COVID-19 vaccines, please click here.