Students are marked present if, within 24 hours of class, they do at least ONE of the following:
- Attend the class' video meet: this can be the class' live meet or a small group meeting with with the teacher or a one-on-one conference or tutorial with the teacher
- Communicate with their teacher: via chat, text, email, or communication app
- Call: a phone call between the student and the teacher, paraeducator, or EA counts (with younger students, the phone call can be from the parent instead of the student)
- Submit an assignment: submitting completed coursework via email or to a learning management system
- Turn in work: turning in complete coursework on a given day counts.