Hello amazing Vestal families-
For those of you new to Vestal, please know that I send out a weekly newsletter here, called Community News! Of course, there may be other shorter notes throughout the week, especially during distance learning, but I will try to save up most things for this letter!
Many if you have had a meeting with your new teacher/s...it has been wonderful to see folks from a distance on campus OR to see pictures from some of your yards OR just to hear teachers excitement sharing abut meeting you!
TOMORROW- Back to School Parade at 10:00!
I also finally have the link to last weeks Town Hall which talks a lot about schedules, so you may want to watch-
Please read about two wonderful new staff members we have welcomed to the Vestal community!
With hope, Sabrina
From our New Social Worker!
Hello everyone! I'm Ms. Kate, and I'm so excited to be working with students and their families this year at both Vestal Elementary and Jason Lee Elementary! My hope is to join with our amazing teams in guiding families toward local resources (like clothing, toiletries, bill assistance, food), and to support community self-care however I can! Please let your teacher know if you'd like to talk more and we'll set up a call or visit!
From our New Librarian!
Hello Vestal Families,
I am so excited to be at Vestal & your student´s librarian.
To kick off the school year, we will be running the Let's Get Reading program.
All libraries throughout PPS are implementing this program in an effort to get print books in your child's hands- there is nothing like it!
Here are some details that would be helpful for you to know:
- Each student in your family will get a bag of 7 books every two weeks.
- The bags are generic for now - there will be K-2 bags & 3-5 bags with a letter to reader/conversation starters.
- Parents with multiple grade levels students can pick up at the same time by the oldest child's last name.
- When returned, the bags will sit for 96 hours before they will be given to another student.
- Please read over these details for the schedule.
- For your reference, here is an FAQ doc.
In addition to this program, I will be going through all the cool e-books options with with your kiddo during virtual library classes.
Please email me if you have further questions.