News for October 25, 201910/25/2019
10/25 - PTA Harvest Carnival and Shu Ren Annual Apple Fundraiser pickup
10/25 - 11/8 - PTA Book Harvest
10/31 - last day of grading period
11/1 - NO SCHOOL teacher planning day
11/1 - Shu Ren Board Meeting
11/4 - PTA Dine-out: Hopworks
11/6 - Woodstock School Garden Visioning Seminar
11/6 - PTA Seminar
11/8 - PTA Movie Night
11/15 - 2:45 PM - Site Council
See the full calendar for Woodstock Elementary online here: https://www.pps.net/Page/434#calendar573/20180831/month.
For information on accessing our online school calendar from other applications, please click here: https://www.pps.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=434&PageType=20&DomainID=166&ModuleInstanceID=573.
2019/20 District Calendar: https://www.pps.net/cms/lib/OR01913224/Centricity/Domain/4/2019-20-School-District-Calendar.pdf
From the Principal
Hello Woodstock Families,
It’s here! Harvest Carnival is tonight! Doors open and 6:00 PM and events/activities go through 8:00 PM.
If you’ve already purchased wristbands, you have VIP access to the Harvest Carnival through the main entry doors. If you still need to purchase wristbands, please enter through the doors north of the main entry doors.
As a reminder, students and families are encouraged and welcome to wear costumes to the Harvest Carnival. However, costumes should remain at home during the school day, including October 31 (Halloween), so tonight’s Harvest Carnival will the opportunity for students to wear costumes to school. Please help us keep the focus on learning and do not wear costumes to school next week.
I’m also happy to share that we had TWO author visits to Woodstock this week. On Monday, all 3rd-5th Grade Students were able to hear Remy Lai talk about her book and her book writing process. Students were really engaged and excited to hear how she writes her books. The second author visit was a bit of a surprise this week. As a special opportunity, we had a local author bring a Chinese/English book to be read, in Mandarin, to one of our third grade classes. It was a neat opportunity for students to apply their Mandarin in a conversation with the guest reader.
Don’t forget that there is no school next Friday, November 1st as it is a Teacher Work Day.
Have a great weekend and we hope to see you tonight.
With Woodstock Pride,
Seth Johnson, Principal
The SafeOregon Tipline aims to increase student safety
Keeping with our commitment to student safety, PPS joined school districts across the state a couple years ago in using the SafeOregon Tip Line. We want to remind you about this important resource.
SafeOregon was funded by the Oregon Legislature as part of a statewide effort to improve school safety. It provides a secure means for anyone to anonymously report suspicious or imminently unsafe situations, such as threats of violence, fights, drugs and alcohol, weapons, bullying, harassment, intimidation or self-harm.
Anyone, from students to parents to community members, can access the system in a variety of ways, including:
- The “Report unsafe behavior” button found on every PPS school’s website
- The SafeOregon website
- A live call/text (844-472-3367)
- An email to email@example.com
- The mobile app that can be downloaded from your Smart Phone via iTunes or Google Play
Trained staff are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, to respond.
Please be sure to share this information with your friends and family. Remind your students: If you see or hear something, say something - immediately.
Let’s work together to keep our community safe.
This year, conferences are scheduled for November 25 and 26.
If you need an interpreter for you child's conference or need assistance scheduling a conference, please email your child's name and your needed language to WoodstockAttend@pps.net.
Any appointments that are scheduled prior to the appropriate registration window may be deleted as the schedule is cleared for the tiered registration. Thanks for your cooperation.
Parents/guardians are being asked to register for conferences online. As this is such an important event and we truly want all families to be able to attend, we have developed tiered conference scheduling to allow for more equitable access to conference registration. Below you will find the dates that registration opens to families:
- Families whose First Language is NOT English - Tuesday, October 8 at 8:00 AM
- Families with Multiple Children Attending Woodstock - Friday, October 11 at 8:00 AM
- Open to All Families - Monday, October 14 at 8:00 AM
Please use the following link to register for conferences during your window:
Again, if you need an interpreter for conferences or if you have extenuating circumstances that need to be considered for conference scheduling, please email WoodstockAttend@pps.net.
We look forward to seeing you at conferences!
Additional Conference Information:
- Families who will not be able to attend conferences due to a family vacation or similar reason will receive a conference summary form from their student(s) teacher(s). Since these days have been designated as conference days when the orginal district calendar was approved, we will not be scheduling additional conferences outside of these times.
- Also, please note that due to time limitations and other factors, we are only scheduling one conference per student.
- 母语非英语的家庭； 10月8日星期二早上8点
- 有两个或两个以上在本校就读的家庭 ：10月11日星期五早上8点
- 本校所有家庭 ；10月14日星期一早上8点
The Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) is a statewide voluntary reading motivation and comprehension program sponsored by the Oregon Association of School Libraries and run through locally our school. Students in 3rd-5th grade, regardless of ability, are exposed to quality literature representing a variety of literary styles and viewpoints.
OBOB’s mission is to encourage and recognize students who enjoy reading, to broaden reading interests, to increase reading comprehension, promote academic excellence, and to promote cooperative learning and teamwork among students. https://www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org
Every student who wishes to participate needs to fill out a form and return it to the Library by Friday, November 22nd
Weds Nov 20 - Fri Nov 22
2:30 pm-4:00 pm (after school)
* Opens @ 12:30 on Thursday for Grandparents/Special Friends Day
Mon Nov 25 - Tues Nov 26
8:00 am - 7:30 pm (during conferences)
Open online Nov 15 - Nov 28
More information coming soon about volunteering!
PICCs of the week
We are excited to recognize our PICCs for this week. Our PICCs of the Week are students that went above and beyond to display Perseverance, Integrity, Compassion, and/or Curiousity.
Please see the group photo of the students from today’s morning meeting below:
FROM THE PTA
The Harvest Carnival is TONIGHT!
Costumes are encouraged!
Thank you to everyone who has already signed up to help at the carnival. We have just a handful of positions that still need to be filled. If you are able to give 30 minutes of your time this evening, please check out the online sign-ups here: www.konstella.com/cd/hsEaPd
Questions? Email Stephanie Krasnow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
From Shu Ren
Thank you for supporting Shu Ren with your Apple Order this year!
Purchase Chinook Books and Support Shu Ren & Save All Year Long! 50% of proceeds benefit Shu Ren and activities such as After-school Homework Help
THREE EASY WAYS TO SUPPORT US!
- Purchase the book In the school Lobby on Tuesday and Wednesday After school
- Purchase through the Chinook Book App:
- Go tocom to download the app. Go to the "Purchase Full Access" screen on the "More" menu to pay for your subscription and enter the Partner ID “shurenofportland” to have your purchase benefit the fundraiser.
- Visit https://chinook.co/shurenofportland from your phone to purchase your Chinook Book mobile app subscription and benefit our fundraiser
- Already have the App on your phone? Great! Enter “shurenofportland” as your Partner ID and when you renew you will be supporting our fundraiser. Simply open the App, click More… then Manage My Subscription. Then enter “shurenofportland” as the Partner ID.
全年购买支持Shu R en。50％的收益将用于支持Shu Ren和课后作业帮助等活动。
2。通过Chinook Book App购买：
OUR NEXT SHU REN BOARD MEETING IS NEXT FRIDAY NOV. 1st from 6:30pm - 8:30pm at Woodstock School Library. We well come anyone that is interested to come and join our meeting to discuss school happening and news.
我们的下一个书仁董事会会议是在下一个星期五。 1st从6:30 pm-8:30 pm在伍德斯托克学校图书馆。我们欢迎有兴趣的人来参加我们的会议，讨论学校的事态发展和新闻