Woodstock Newsletter - January 29, 20211/29/2021
- February 9: Shu Ren Dine Out at Pure Spice
- February 12: Spirit Day - Wear Red or Yellow for Chinese New Year
- February 15: No School (Holiday)
- February 16: PTA Dine Out at Hopworks Urban Brewery
- February 18: PPS Virtual Connect to Kindergarten (tentative)
- March 5: Site Council Meeting
- March 15-19: Spirit Week
- Monday: Woodstock Pride Day
- Tuesday: Hat Day
- Wednesday: Pajama/Stuffy Day
- Thursday: Rainbow Day
- Friday: Class Choice
- March 22-26: No School (Spring Break)
News from Second Grade
Each week we’re sharing news from our virtual classrooms. This week we’re featuring our Woodstock second graders:
Welcome to 2nd Grade! We are the Blue Dragons, Cute Koalas, Flying Dragons, and the Ice Dragons. We’re grateful for all the support from our families and proud of how our second graders demonstrate all of the Woodstock values of Perseverance, Integrity, Compassion, and Curiosity every day.
Our students are working hard and have learned a lot in a short amount of time. Here are a few of the second grade happenings:
- We had a guest speaker who is an expert on reptiles.
- We learned how to write a letter to someone about a favorite book or character.
- We wrote personal narratives about real-life experiences in English and Chinese.
- We’ve been growing stronger in our reading skills, including learning about how to describe characters, setting, and story elements.
- In math, we're learning about place value, as well as adding and subtracting with larger numbers.
- We're learning new Chinese characters every day.
- In science, we're learning all about landforms.
The second graders are looking forward to learning more about informational reading and writing, and how to describe both 2d and 3d shapes.
Next week we’ll showcase the third grade team.
Shu Ren Dine-Out
Show Your Pride
Show your Woodstock Pride. Send photos of your student(s) wearing their school t-shirts to email@example.com.