2020 Bond Project Overview
2020 Bond Program Summary
The 1.2 billion-dollar 2020 School Bond allows PPS to continue the vital work of improving our aging school buildings in several key areas as well as upgrading important educational infrastructure issues. Thank you voters!
- 2020 Health and Safety Projects - new roofs and mechanical systems, seismic retrofits, plus accessibility and security upgrades - $217.6 Million.
- 2020 Modernizations - transforming the historic Jefferson and Benson Polytechnic High Schools into modernized 21st century centers of learning. Plus, the construction of a new Multiple Pathways the Graduation Building on the Benson campus - $527 Million.
- New curriculum materials and textbooks - $53.4 Million.
- Educational technology upgrades to support classroom and distance learning, plus updating classroom and district technology devices. - $128.2 Million.
- Planning the future modernizations of Cleveland and Ida B. Wells (formerly Wilson) High Schools - $42 Million.
- Development work on The Center for Black Student Excellence - $60 Million.
- Upgrading PPS Special Education Learning Environments (SPED) - $13.4 Million.
2020 Bond Program Budget Table
Modernizations 2017 Bond Balance $152,000,000 MPG Building $64,000,000 Jefferson High School $311,000,000 Center for Black Student Excellence $60,000,000 Cleveland -Planning & Design $20,000,000 Wilson -Planning & Design $20,000,000 Roosevelt -Planning & Design $2,000,000 Capacity $10,000,000 Educational Improvements Technology $128,200,000 Curriculum $53,444,000 SPED Learning Environments $13,400,000 Physical Facility Improvements Roof $65,700,000 Mechanical $75,000,000 Security $25,900,000 Seismic $17,200,000 ADA $33,800,000 Contingency & Administration Administration $63,098,640 Contingency $93,275,360 Total $1,208,000,000
2020 Bond Program Conceptual Schedule
Click here to view the conceptual schedule.