9930 N. Smith St.•Portland, OR 97203•Ph (503) 916-6277•Fx (503) 916-2673
Dear PPS Community,
Saturday night, gunshots were fired outside of a district-wide basketball tournament held at Franklin High School. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured and the suspect is now in custody, but if you have any information about the incident please call 503-823-3333 or utilize the SafeOregon tipline.
Dear PPS Families,
As we prepare for the winter sports season, we want to share a few reminders for our spectators.
Dear families, students, and colleagues,
It has been a joy to visit learning spaces over the past four months and see our students reengaged in their classroom learning and school activities. I am pleased to observe our students interacting with peers and diving into new curriculum materials.
This has been a very productive time for Portland Public Schools. My appreciation to all the dedicated Team PPS members who work everyday to make our school system better and stronger.
Dear PPS Community,
Every single person in Portland Public Schools believes that our learning spaces must be safe, stable, and secure, and that we have a shared responsibility to ensure the safety and well-being of the students under our care. We recognize that recent events, both locally and nationally, have rattled our community.
Superintendent Guerrero issued a broader statement about gun violence and its impacts on our schools, but we also want to explain how we both keep schools safe, and keep you informed.
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM School Board - Special Meeting
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM School Board- Work Session with Vote on a Consent Agenda
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM School Board- Audit Committee Meeting
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Canceled- School Board- Work Session with a vote on a consent agenda
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM School Board- Facilities and Operations Committee Meeting
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM Board and Community Working Session on Fundraising
Welcome to Sitton!
We are an amazing, diverse community serving 400 talented students!
We offer a well-rounded program grounded in the belief that when students and teachers are engaged in work that is challenging, adventurous and meaningful, learning and achievement flourish. A few important elements of our school’s model include:
- Our use of Wit & Wisdom and Benchmark Advanced / Adelante (DLI) in grades K-5 to provide an integrated Reading, Writing, Social Studies and Science approach.
- Our use of standards-based mathematics instruction, iReady Math.
- Our philosophy and support for inclusion of students with identified special needs
- Our dual language immersion program in Spanish in grades K-5
- Our partnerships with families and the community including SUN Community After School and YEP (Youth Empowerment Program). Every First Friday we hold a community celebration and farmer's market highlighting student performances, tables from a variety of Community & School Partners as well as our Food Bank and Clothing Closet Resources.
- Our commitment to engaging enrichment activities including Library, Physical Education, Visual Arts, and Music.
We communicate with families through various means including our weekly family newsletter in English and Spanish; our Facebook page (please click on the Facebook tab); through text messaging; and more. Should you have any questions, worries, wonders, or ideas, please do not hesitate to connect, come to Principal’s Coffee on the second Friday of the month, PTA on the first Thursday of the month, or Site Council & Family Leadership Team on the third Wednesday of the month. Our updated calendar can be found on the calendar tab of this website.
Thank you for sharing your amazing students with us every day!
Becky Berry, Principal