Today, we offered compromises that would both reward our educators and further our students’ success. We were able to raise our compensation offer substantially. We are not there yet, but we are committed to the hard work of finding common ground.
Today, we started the state-led mediation process with one priority: our children’s success. We offered compromises that would keep that vision at the heart of our work – and maintained our position on proposals that would negatively impact students.
6:00 PM - 6:50 PM Sitton PTA Meeting
8:00 AM - 8:45 AM Principal's Coffee
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM School Board- Regular Meeting
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM School Board - Policy Committee
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM School Board- Study Session with vote on a consent agenda
Welcome to Sitton!
We are an amazing, diverse community serving 400 talented students!
We offer a well-rounded program grounded in the belief that when students and teachers are engaged in work that is challenging, adventurous and meaningful, learning and achievement flourish. A few important elements of our school’s model include:
- Our use of Wit & Wisdom and Benchmark Advanced / Adelante (DLI) in grades K-5 to provide an integrated Reading, Writing, Social Studies and Science approach.
- Our use of standards-based mathematics instruction, iReady Math.
- Our philosophy and support for inclusion of students with identified special needs
- Our dual language immersion program in Spanish in grades K-5
- Our partnerships with families and the community including SUN Community After School and YEP (Youth Empowerment Program). Every First Friday we hold a community celebration and farmer's market highlighting student performances, tables from a variety of Community & School Partners as well as our Food Bank and Clothing Closet Resources.
- Our commitment to engaging enrichment activities including Library, Physical Education, Visual Arts, and Music.
We communicate with families through various means including our weekly family newsletter in English and Spanish; our Facebook page (please click on the Facebook tab); through text messaging; and more. Should you have any questions, worries, wonders, or ideas, please do not hesitate to connect, come to Principal’s Coffee on the second Friday of the month, PTA on the first Thursday of the month, or Site Council & Family Leadership Team on the third Wednesday of the month. Our updated calendar can be found on the calendar tab of this website.
Thank you for sharing your amazing students with us every day!
Becky Berry, Principal