Dear PPS Community:
We are pleased that COVID-19 cases are declining in Oregon; however, we must remain vigilant as the virus is still widespread throughout the state. As PPS prepares for summer programming, we want to remind you of ways to protect your students and your family:
Dear PPS families,
Portland Public Schools is excited to provide free summer enrichment and extended learning. These opportunities are for students of all ages and include academic support, credit completion for high school students, enrichment activities, and culturally specific learning experiences. These programs are offered by our community partners and this catalog lists programs by each community partner. We also posted these opportunities on this website, where you can search listings by school and subject.
May 27, 2022
Dear PPS Community,
Earlier this year, the PPS School Board unanimously adopted one of the most aggressive school district climate crisis response policies in the nation.
We are now looking for PPS students and members of our community to join the district’s efforts to cut greenhouse gas emission in half by 2030 and make other meaningful progress on important sustainability initiatives.
Welcome to Sitton!
We are an amazing, diverse community serving 400 talented students!
We offer a well-rounded program grounded in the belief that when students and teachers are engaged in work that is challenging, adventurous and meaningful, learning and achievement flourish. A few important elements of our school’s model include:
- Our use of Expiditionary Learning Curriculum in grades K-5 to provide an integrated Reading, Writing, Social Studies and Science approach.
- Our use of standards-based mathematics instruction, Ready Math.
- Our philosophy and support for inclusion of students with identified special needs
- Our dual language immersion program in Spanish in grades K-5
- Our partnerships with families and the community including SUN Community After School and YEP (Youth Empowerment Program). Every First Friday we hold a community celebration and farmer's market highlighting student performances, tables from a variety of Community & School Partners as well as our Food Bank and Clothing Closet Resources.
- Our commitment to engaging enrichment activities including Library, Physical Education, Visual Arts, and Music.
We communicate with families through various means including our weekly family newsletter in English and Spanish; our Facebook page (please click on the Facebook tab); through text messaging; and more. Should you have any questions, worries, wonders, or ideas, please do not hesitate to connect, come to Principal’s Coffee on the second Friday of the month, PTA on the first Thursday of the month, or Site Council & Family Leadership Team on the third Wednesday of the month. Our updated calendar can be found on the calendar tab of this website.
Thank you for sharing your amazing students with us every day!
Becky Berry, Principal