The next BAC meeting is on Wednesday October 5th at 5:30p.m.
This meeting will be fully virtual for invitees only, including members of the public who have signed up for public comment. The meeting will be streamed live for public viewing under the provision of ORS 192.670 at
To sign up for public comment, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with full name, topic, date requested meeting, school community, and contact phone number.
Public comment will occur at the beginning of the meeting with two 2-minute time slots. Requests for Public Comment will be processed in the order that they are received. Topics must be related to an item on the agenda. Written comments may be submitted to email@example.com and will be shared with the BAC.
The last Bond Accountability Committee (BAC) meeting was on Thursday, August 11, 2022. View the BAC presentation document here. To watch a recording of the meeting click here.
Bond Accountability CommitteeThe Citizens Bond Accountability Committee (BAC) is made up of seven to ten members reflective, to the extent possible, of the diversity of Portland. The members shall have a reputation for fairness and transparency and experience in building design, construction, public contracting, budgeting, and/or auditing. The Board will appoint committee members and a chairperson or co-chairpersons. Read the Citizens Bond Accountability Committee charter.The committee meets quarterly to review bond funded projects and offer advice to the School Board, on:
- Whether bond revenues are expended only for the purpose for which the bond was approved
- Alignment with the goals and principles of the district’s Long Range Facilities Plan
- Alignment with the goals of the Business Equity Policy
- Lowering maintenance and construction costs while improving operating efficiency
- Historic preservation and school renovation
- Potential capital partnerships for joint and shared use of PPS facilities
- Implementation of appropriate ways to address seismic issues
- Compliance with ADA requirements
- Tom Peterson, Retired Director of Engineering, Port of Portland
- Kenechi Onyeagus, Executive Director of PBDG, construction trade association of certified small, minority and women owned firms
- Karen Weylandt, Retired Planning and Design Officer, Providence Health and Services
- Richard Steinbrugge, P.E. (California); retired Chief Facilities Officer, Beaverton School District
- Beth Woodward, Retired Senior Management Auditor, City of Portland and former Engineering Manager at CH2M HILL
- Norm Dowty, Retired Construction Industry Executive
- Greg DiLoreto, Past President, Chair of Committee on Ameirica's Infrastructure, American Society of Civil Engineers, Retired CEO Tualitin Valley Water District
- Cara Turano, Chief Operating Officer, Technology Association of Oregon
- Darren Golden, Political Consultant and Community Organizer
- Angela Jarvis Holland, Executive Director of NW Disability Support
Bond Performance AuditsBuilt into the PPS School Building Improvement Bond are regular, independent financial and performance audits that are presented to the Bond Accountability Committee and PPS School Board. The first of performance audits was presented to the school board in June of 2014 and they have continued to the present.To view all the performance audits please visit the External Bond Performance Audits page here.