Bond Accountability Committee (BAC)
The next BAC meeting is scheduled for Wed., Nov 29th, from 5:30pm-8:00pm (This is a virtual meeting) The link to watch the meeting is https://www.youtube.com/@ppsbondmodernizations
The latest BAC meeting was on Aug 28rd, 2023. To watch a recording of the meeting click here. To view the meeting presentation click here.
To sign up for public comment at the next BAC meeting. (Please submit your request by 2p.m. on meeting dates)
To sign up for public comment for the BAC, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with full name, topic, date requested meeting, school community, and contact phone number. Public comment will occur at the beginning of the meeting with two 2-minute time slots. Requests for Public Comment will be processed in the order that they are received. Topics must be related to an item on the agenda. Written comments may be submitted to email@example.com and will be shared with the BAC.
Bond Accountability Committee DetailsThe Citizens Bond Accountability Committee (BAC) is made up of seven to ten members reflective, to the extent possible, of the diversity of Portland. The members shall have a reputation for fairness and transparency and experience in building design, construction, public contracting, budgeting, and/or auditing. The Board will appoint committee members and a chairperson or co-chairpersons. Read the Citizens Bond Accountability Committee charter.The committee meets quarterly to review bond funded projects and offer advice to the School Board, on:
- Whether bond revenues are expended only for the purpose for which the bond was approved
- Alignment with the goals and principles of the district’s Long Range Facilities Plan
- Alignment with the goals of the Business Equity Policy
- Lowering maintenance and construction costs while improving operating efficiency
- Historic preservation and school renovation
- Potential capital partnerships for joint and shared use of PPS facilities
- Implementation of appropriate ways to address seismic issues
- Compliance with ADA requirements
- Cara Turano, Chief Operating Officer, Technology Association of Oregon
- Norm Dowty, Retired Construction Industry Executive
- Greg DiLoreto, Past President, Chair of Committee on America's Infrastructure, American Society of Civil Engineers, Retired CEO Tualitin Valley Water District
- Jonathon Truitt, Director of the Department of Development and Community
Revitalization at Home Forward.
- Ryan Kinsella, Director of Capital Asset Management for Oregon Metro
BAC Charter & Background Information
- Capital Construction Project Estimating Model
- Sustainability Principles of Design
- Principles of Historic Stewardship
- Principles of Accessibility and Beyond
- Long Range Facility Plan (LRFP) Executive Summary
- Board Policy 8.50.095-P PPS Equity in Public Purchasing and Contracting
- Board Policy 2.10.010-P PPS Racial Educational Equity Policy
Bond Performance AuditsBuilt into the PPS School Building Improvement Bond are regular, independent financial and performance audits that are presented to the Bond Accountability Committee and PPS School Board. The first of performance audits was presented to the school board in June of 2014 and they have continued to the present.To view all the performance audits please visit the External Bond Performance Audits page here.