Mission: It is the mission of the Portland Public Schools mathematics department to support all educators at all levels within the district through the provision and implementation of equitable and culturally sustaining practices. We do this in order to best meet the needs of our families, communities, and most importantly to serve our students so they are able to achieve the attributes of the Graduate Portrait.
Vision: Supporting all students to increase belief in their innate mathematics ability and achievement at the highest levels in mathematics by providing opportunities to experience the beauty, joy and wonder of mathematics through engaging, culturally-sustaining instructional experiences and real-life contexts.
New Oregon Math Standards
Oregon has taken on work to re-imagine math experiences and statewide policies to remove systemic educational barriers in math. The vision of the Oregon Math Project is to transform instruction by attending to student choice, agency, and belonging in mathematics so all learners experience the joy, beauty, and wonder of mathematics. The periodic review of the Oregon K-12 mathematics standards scheduled this school year, is an opportunity to focus content and align to the vision of transformed math instruction.
The 2021 Draft documents will be open for public feedback until Monday, March 1st, 2021.
FULL GRADE K-8 FILES - Version 3.3FULL HIGH SCHOOL FILES - Version 3.3K-8 MATH GRADE LEVEL FILES - Version 3.3
- Please use this link to the K-12 math draft survey to provide feedback during this time. You may provide general comments using the text boxes.
- If you wish to provide additional specific feedback, you may also download the files below and add comments or edits using track changes, then upload the file in the public survey form above.
- K-8 Introduction [PDF Version]
- Math Practices and Math Modeling [PDF Version]
- Draft Kindergarten Math [PDF Version]
- Draft 1st Grade Math [PDF Version]
- Draft 2nd Grade Math [PDF Version]
- Draft 3rd Grade Math [PDF Version]
- Draft 4th Grade Math [PDF Version]
- Draft 5th Grade Math [PDF Version]
- Draft 6th Grade Math [PDF Version]
- Draft 7th Grade Math [PDF Version]
- Draft 8th Grade Math [PDF Version]
Please contact Mark Freed if you have questions about how to review and provide feedback on the draft standards later this month.