Principal's Weekly Message5/26/2023
Hello Families & Partners -
Please see below for some important updates!
Jefferson Dancers Auditions REMINDER
Auditions for Jefferson Dancers I & II are June 5th & 6th. See this Flyer for more information.
Summer Acceleration Academy REMINDER
We are so excited that many of our students who need additional support in grade level reading and math learning will have the opportunity to participate in Summer Acceleration Academy this summer from July 10 - August 4, 2023 from 9 am - 1 pm, with optional afternoon programming until 5:30pm through SUN or RESJ partners. Students from Ockley Green MS will be attending SAA at the Faubion hub site.
Invitations for Summer Acceleration Academy are based mid-year assessments identifying students who need support reaching grade level reading and math during this four week program. Families of students who are invited to participate in Summer Acceleration Academy will receive invitations to enroll online or through the school office by calling or returning a paper form that will be sent home in backpacks.
We feel this is an important opportunity for your student and understand that you may have other students in your house who need summer activities who do not meet the criteria for SAA. The RESJ department will be offering summer activities at many of the SAA sites. Stay tuned for enrollment information that will be coming soon.
8th to 9th Grade Summer Transition Opportunity REMINDER
The Leap into 9th Grade summer program prepares incoming ninth grade students to excel in high school by building a foundation for success before starting high school.
Dates and Times: July 17 - August 4, 2023, Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
@ Benson, Franklin, Grant, Jefferson, McDaniel, Roosevelt
Working On It
These are areas that, when our team is ready to provide additional information, I will provide an update in the section above.
- Reconfiguration of spaces for the 23-24 school year with a goal of no large classes meeting in the Portable classrooms;
- Hiring for 2023-24 (we have DLI and Sped hires in process);
- Building the Master Schedule for the 23-24 school year.;
- End of year celebrations.
- May 29: Memorial Day - No School
- June 2: All Library materials due
- June 7: 8th Grade Oaks Park Field Trip
- June 9: 8th Grade Promotion Family Picnic
- June 9: 8th Grade Promotion @ Roosevelt High School
- June 12th: 7th Grade Field Trip
- June 14: Last Day of School for students
Ockley Green Middle School