The Jim Bridger Library: A Learning Environment
"We are committed to helping staff and students effectively find and use ideas and information"
- Information Power (1998)
Open: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
Portland Public School Libraries Diversity Philosophy is committed to providing diverse library collections that honor the intrinsic value of all individuals in order to:
- Help students understand and celebrate their own backgrounds, cultures, & experiences
- Broaden students’ thinking to include a global perspective
- Build awareness and an understanding of voices that are often suppressed or omitted
- Strengthen inquiry regarding political, racial and social injustice
- Empower students to envision a future of possibility not necessarily represented in the present
- Students may check out 1-5 books or material at a time depending on grade level. Responsible users may negotiate an increased number of check-outs.
- The check-out period is 2 weeks. Students may renew by bringing books in to the library and speaking with staff. All books can be renewed unless they are on hold for another student.
- Overdue notices are sent to students via their school e-mail address. There are no fines for late books, however, students will be charged the replacement costs for lost/stolen/damaged books.
- Payment for lost or damaged books may be made in the office.
- Use your library voice (quiet conversation)
- Only use technology for research, reading, writing, or other academic work.
- No food or drinks
- Please clean up your area after use