A Virtual Calming Room is available for our entire school community online. The site offers guided meditation, visual relaxation, journaling prompts, puzzles and other activities for mental wellness.
Counseling Services and Crisis Support:
- Roseway Heights school counselors Jennifer Coomes (email@example.com, 7th and 8th grade) and Kelly Polychronis (firstname.lastname@example.org, 6th grade) available during school hours and by appointment.
- Morrison Services: referral for current RHMS students is available through our school counselors during school hours and during summer through the Morrison Center. Services are offered by phone and video conference. Available for OHP, Kaiser and MODA insurance clients.
- Multnomah County Crisis Services: Call Center/Crisis Line, 503-988-4888 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Interpretation services available.
- Kaiser Crisis Line: Available if you have Kaiser insurance, 503-331-6425
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: English, 800-273-8255; Spanish, 800-628-9454 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Interpretation services available.
- Oregon Youthline: For youth to connect with other youth, text "Teen2Teen" to 839863 to instantly text with another person. Interpretation services available.
- Trevor Project: Supporting LGBTQiA+ youth. Text "START" to 678678 or call TrevorLifeLine, 1-866-488-7386
- Trans Lifeline: Supporting trans community members, call 877-565-8860
Preventing Youth Suicide: Tips for Parents and Educators (from the National Association of School Psychologists)
These clinics will remain open, with appointments provided by telemedicine whenever possible. Call 503-988-5558 for an appointment.
- East County Health Center
- Mid County Health Center
- Northeast Health Center
- Health Services Center
Hours and locations» (http://multco.us/health/primary-care-clinics)
Student Health Centers
Parkrose Student Health Center will remain open, with most medical appointments provided by telemedicine whenever possible. Call 503-988-3392 for an appointment.
The East County Dental Clinic will remain open for urgent dental care only. Examples include:
Tooth pain. Serious injury to the face that damages your teeth, gums or the bones in your face, Swelling in your mouth or gums
All routine or non-urgent dental appointments, such as dental cleaning, will be rescheduled.
To make an appointment call your home dental clinic (http://multco.us/primary-care-anddental/dental-clinic-locations-hours).
New patients should call 503-988-5558.
Open 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at all locations (http://multco.us/health/pharmacy).
Curbside delivery is available upon request. Please call at least 1 hour ahead and when you arrive. Medication delivery services, including mail, may be available to patients who meet criteria.
Location closest to Roseway Heights:
5329 NE MLK Jr Blvd
Portland, OR 97211-3237
Families that have had a loss of income or have lost insurance coverage could be eligible for the Oregon Health Plan.
Go to www.oregonhealthcare.gov to apply. Certified assisters can help you apply; find one through the website or by calling 800-699-9075.
Meals and Food Distribution
Breakfast and lunch will be provided to children in the community Monday through Thursday. Meals will be available for pickup outside schools from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Location closest to Roseway Heights for meals:
*Scott Elementary - 6700 NE Prescott St
As in years past, Nutrition Services will also partner with Portland Parks & Recreation to provide meals at 13 additional parks throughout the city starting June 22. The park locations are listed below:
Meal Service Time
N Delaware Ave. and N Kilpatrick St.
700 N Rosa Parks Way
St Johns Park
8427 N Central St.
N Woolsey Ave. and N Winchell St.
NE 19th Ave. and NE Jarrett St.
5810 NE 72nd St.
875 NE Fremont St.
5200 NE Alberta St.
NE 82nd Ave. and Glisan St.
SE 76th Ave. and Center St.
SE 84th Ave. and Harrison St.
SE 92nd Ave. and SE Steele St.
Mt Scott Park
SE 72nd Ave. and SE Ramona St.
Sunshine Division 503.823.2102 www.sunshinedivision.org
Domestic Abuse and Child Safety
- Call to Safety: If you are an adult and worried about your safety at home, 888-235-5333. Interpretation line available.
- Proyecto Unica: Spanish version of Call to Safety, 503-232-4448
- DHS Hotline (Oregon Department of Human Services) If you are worried about the safety of a child, 855-503-7233. Interpretation services available.
Basic Needs (Personal Hygiene/Food/Clothing/Referrals)
JOIN Day Center provides a range of basic services Monday through Friday from 10 am -3 pm. Call (503) 232-2031 or https://joinpdx.org/get-help/
Mainspring offers comprehensive services including laundry, food and clothing (503) 233-5533 or http://www.mainspringpdx.org/services
Rent and Utility Help
- NW Natural – 800-422-4012. Read more on this program and other resources that are available from Northwest Natural Gas financial aid resources.
- Portland General Electric – 503-284-6827, or find more PGE assistance programs.
- Salvation Army - 503-239-1264 or (503) 239-1224
- Portland St Vincent De Paul - 503-235-8431
- Impact NW - (503) 721-1740
- Home Forward - 503.802.8300
- Catholic Charities - 503-231-4866