For more information on the Right Brain Initiative, please click here.
Right Brain Initiative Vision:
The Right Brain Initiative transforms learning for all children through the arts, creativity, innovation and whole-brain thinking.
Right Brain Initiative Values:
Equity, Collaboration, Accountability, SustainabilityThe Right Brain Initiative has five goals:
- Diverse Arts Experience - All K-8 students engage in high quality experiences in a range of artistic disciplines where they create, perform or exhibit and reflect upon works of art made by themselves and others.
- Skills and Literacy for a Changing World - Through arts-integrated teaching and learning, students develop essential literacy skills in reading, writing and oral expression as well as 21st century skills: creativity, communication, collaboration and critical thinking.
- Professional Learning - Teachers, principals, arts specialists and artists build their capacity to serve students through ongoing training and reflective practice.
- Systemic Change - Schools, districts, arts organizations and members of the community work together to build efficient yet flexible systems that integrate the arts into classrooms and meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Measurable Impact on Student Learning - Multiple forms of assessment are used to demonstrate the value of creative learning and ensure high quality program design and implementation.