You can register online if ALL of the following apply:
· Your child is NEW to PPS
· Your students did NOT attend any of the following PPS Head Start/Pre-K locations: Applegate, Boise-Eliot/Humboldt, Clarendon, Creston, Faubion, Grout, Lee, MLK Jr, Kelly, Sacajawea, Sitton, Whitman, Woodlawn
· Your student does NOT have an IFSP and did NOT receive services from Multnomah Early Childhood Program (MECP)
· You are enrolling your child in your neighborhood school and NOT a CBO/Charter
· You are enrolling your child in the 2020-21 school year
· You have an email address and access to a computer
You may also enroll via paper. Click this link to the Enrollment & Transfer website for more information, including the Online Registration portal, paper registration forms and information you will need to register!
Two teachers from Portland Public Schools were named finalists for the OnPoint Educator of the Year Awards, leading a strong showing by PPS in the OnPoint Excellence in Education program.
Madison High School teacher James Jeffrey-West has been named a 2021 Oregon Regional Teacher of the Year. Jeffrey-West, who is in his seventh year at Madison and 22nd year as a teacher, won for the region covered by the Multnomah Education Service District.
A public meeting of the Board of Education, acting in its capacity as the Budget Committee of Portland Public School District 1J, Multnomah County, Oregon, will take place during the regular School Board meeting on the 26th day of May at 6 p.m. The purpose of the meeting is to receive the Superintendent’s budget message and Proposed Budget for the fiscal year July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021, and to receive public comment.
We honor diversity, celebrate differences, and seek to understand all perspectives. We strive to be an inclusive, safe, and respectful school community. We are all responsible for our words and actions. Through shared restorative justice practices and open communication, we will work together to strengthen our community.