OHSU K-12 COVID-19 Screening Enrollment OPEN9/20/2022
Dear PPS K-12 students and families,
PPS is partnering with OHSU to offer free weekly COVID-19 testing for students. Participation in this program is completely optional but encouraged. PPS students may participate in the program regardless of vaccination status. Participating students will submit spit samples in pre-labeled test tubes to their school on a designated day each week, regardless as to whether they have symptoms. Schools will begin collecting spit samples starting September 27th-29th.
- Registration: Parents/guardians can start enrolling their students through OHSU’s NEW Online Portal. If you are unable to enroll for any reason, please call OHSU Support at (503) 418-8500.
- Test Tubes: New, pre-labeled test tubes with a scannable barcode will be mailed directly to your mailing address and should arrive within a week of enrollment. Test kits from last year cannot be used, so please throw them away.
- Spit Samples: Spit tests can be collected either the night before or the morning of your school’s testing day. Please use this spreadsheet to learn the day on which to drop-off your student’s spit sample.
- Test Results: You will receive an email telling you to log into the online portal www.labfinder.com/ohsu to view the results once they are available.
- Additional drop-off locations: If you miss your weekly testing day, OHSU has added three drop-off sites around the Portland metro area.
- Doernbecher Child Development Rehabilitation Center - 707 S Gaines Street, Portland, OR 97239
- Primary Care Clinic at Gabriel Park - 4411 S Vermont Street, Portland, OR 97219
- Richmond Family Health Center - 3930 SE Division Street, Portland, OR 97202
What stays the same?
- There is no cost to families to participate in the OHSU COVID-19 Screening Testing program.
- OHSU uses highly accurate PCR molecular testing.
- Students will bring their spit samples to school on the designated testing day.
- OHSU nurses will call parents/guardians of students who have a positive test or whose tests are inconclusive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19.
Interim Chief of Student Support Services
Portland Public Schools