Welcome to Grout!
Dear Kindergarten Students and Families,
We are looking forward to seeing you soon! Below we’ve outlined a list of important dates and items. Please note that there have been some changes to the Kindergarten Ramp Up Dates.
First Day of School (September 5th, 2023)
The first day of school for all kindergarten students will be on Tuesday, September 5th. The school day starts at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 2:15 p.m. You can go to the PPS calendar to find additional dates for the school year.
Family Conversations (TBA)
Teachers will be scheduling individual family conversations by video chat, phone, or in person. Your kindergarten teacher will call to schedule an appointment with you during the last week of August. Discussion questions may include the following:
- What are your hopes and dreams for your child this year?
- What do you most want me to know and understand about your child?
- What questions can I answer that will help your family feel ready for Kindergarten?
Ramp Up Days (Aug 29-Sep 1)
PPS Ramp Up to K provides a welcoming, supportive introduction to school. Prior to the first day of Kindergarten, all incoming K students and families can receive:
- A 1:1 family contact with their Kindergarten teacher focused on relationships and connections; and
- A full-day, small-group practice day for their child, focused on orienting the student to Kindergarten staff, spaces, and routines.
Prior to the first day of school, your student will have a chance to come in for one full-day “warm up” between Tuesday, August 29th and Friday, September 1st. Further instructions to come.
We have compiled a list of supplies that would be helpful for your student. Supplies will be individual next year in order to reduce the risk of spreading germs. These supplies are suggestions and not mandatory.
Our office is open M-F 7:30 am to 3:30 pm during the school year. Beginning August 14th, our school secretary, C.Lo Erickson Alston, will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., to answer questions by phone (503-916-6209) or email (email@example.com). You can also contact them to schedule an in-person appointment.