Battle of the Books
Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) is a voluntary reading incentive program. At Abernethy, students in grades 3-5 are eligible to participate in teams of 4 or 5 students and at least one parent coach. Teams will meet together to divide work and prepare for battles, which will take place in late January and early February. Each battle consists of 16 questions all relating to a list of books chosen by the State OBOB committee.
If your student is interested in participating, the first steps are to start reading the OBOB book list and start looking for potential teammates.
Official information will be available at the Support Abernethy website.
2018 OBOB 3-5 Division Booklist
- Blast-off! by Nate Ball
- The Case of the Case of Mistaken Identity by Mac Barnett
- Dash by Kirby Larson
- The Door by the Staircase by Katherine Marsh
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
- EllRay Jakes the Recess King! by Sally Warner
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
- I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 by Lauren Tarshis
- Masterpiece by Elise Broach
- My Life in Dog Years by Gary Paulsen
- Mystery on Museum Mile by Marcia Wells
- Poppy by Avi
- The Red Pencil by Andrea Davis Pinkney
- We the Children by Andrew Clements
- Wild Life by Cynthia DeFelice
- Wild Wings by Gill Lewis