Once again this school year, Laurelhurst will be using the model where all families contribute to the purchase of community school supplies.
The suggested contribution for school supplies is $45 per student. If the suggested amount does not work for your family, please contribute what feels comfortable. If you are able, please consider adding to your donation to support all Laurelhurst families. Making payments is fast and easy via SchoolPay.
Items purchased by the school with this fee include:
- Pencils and other writing implements
- Art supplies such as markers, crayons, watercolors, etc.
- Paper and notebooks, including composition notebooks, spiral notebooks, lined paper, graph paper, etc.
- Folders, including take-home folders
- Student supplies such as scissors, glue sticks, highlighters, erasers, sharpies, pencil sharpeners, etc.
- Classroom management supplies such as tissues, disinfectant wipes, ziploc bags, and hand sanitizer
By purchasing classroom supplies as a collective, we are reducing both cost and waste by streamlining purchasing using bulk discounts and centralized supply management. Teachers get the supplies they need and families spend less time shopping, over-buying, and fretting about purchasing and dropping off supplies.
Students can still experience the spirit of back-to-school! While we will be bulk purchasing classroom items for use in classrooms, each family should provide their student(s) with their own:
- Reusable water bottle
- Lunchbox or snack sack
- Sturdy backpack
- Pencil pouch or box
Plus, for middle school only :
- Briefcase-style multi-subject 3-ring binder (similar to this)
- Scientific calculator (similar to model TI-30X IIS) TO KEEP AT HOME
If you have any questions about school supplies or run into trouble with SchoolPay, please reach out to Brandie in the office.