Contact the James John SUN School Site Manager: Susy Wassmuth
SUN (Schools Uniting Neighborhoods) Mission:
To improve the lives of children, their families and the community through partnering with local school communities to extend the school day and develop schools as "community centers" in their neighborhoods.
James John SUN School acts as a "hub" of the community to create a network of recreation and enrichment programming, health and social services, parent and adult education, cultural events and a quality education for students in a comprehensive and collaborative way.
- Student achievement, attendance, behavior and other skills for healthy development and academic success.
- Family involvement
- Community and business involvement
- System of collaboration
- Use of public facilities and services
Classes for Students at James John:
- After School Activities:
- SUN Academy (Homework Club), Reading Literacy, Math Tutoring.
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics classes offered by several organizations.
- AKA Science
- Music & Dance: Marimbas, Ukulele, Violin, Ballet, Ballet Folklorico
- Arts & Crafts
- Sports: Tennis, Soccer, Basketball
Who is SEI?
The SUN School @ James John is managed by Self Enhancement Inc. (SEI). SEI is dedicated to guiding underserved youth to realize their full potential, Youth Potential Realized.
Working with schools, families, and partner community organizations, SEI provides support, guidance, and opportunities to achieve personal and academic success. SEI brings hope to individual young people and enhances the quality of community life.
SEI believes that every child has a gift and that it is our shared responsibility to help every child find that gift. By expanding learning opportunities and teaching each child that “Life Has Options”, SEI is seeing amazing results, proving that SEI is the solution.
We remove barriers. We educate kids. We engage families. We improve communities.