James Johns News
Come Join us for our in person back to school night September 15th from 5:30-7:30pm
Come join us after our Community care day for a back to school BBQ 12-1pm
On Saturday, August 27th (9-12pm) we will be holding our Community Care Day. We are asking for volunteers to come out and help clean up our school grounds. We will also be handing out backpacks to all our students.
Kinder Ramp up
Classroom visits will be on August 30th & 31st. Teachers will reach out to families to schedule a time/date. Half the students will start on September 1st and half on September 2nd.
The official start date for Kinder will be Tuesday, September 6th.
8/1/2022JJ Multi-Site Manager: Stephanie Vera, firstname.lastname@example.org, 503-758-9111JJ Camp Fire Site Supervisor: Angelica BrownPhone number: 503-954-8590For registration and billing questions email email@example.comWebsite: https://www.
campfirecolumbia.org/About Camp Fire:YOUTH-CENTERED PROGRAMMING:
- Builds strong and genuine relationships with children, families, and school staff. We offer children a sense of belonging in a safe, engaging, and educational environment.
- Provides daily after school homework time to give children an opportunity to work with staff and their peers to strengthen their academic skills.
- Programming is intentional and outcome-based, and developed with the needs and interests of youth in mind.
- Encourages children to develop and facilitate service-learning projects that help connect them to their communities.
- Offers diverse curriculum to inspire children to “Find their Spark”, teaching them to be curious, engaged, and learning.
SUPPORT FOR CAMP FIRE FAMILIES AND COMMUNITY:
- Develops children’s leadership skills through youth-led clubs, allowing them to practice leading their peers and writing their own curriculum.
- We are responsive to the communities we serve and make thoughtful and intentional adjustments to our programs as needed.
- We are an Employment Related Day Care support (ERDC) approved provider and offer financial aid for low-income families.
- We invest in outstanding staff who far surpass the state training standards. Training topics covered include Positive
- Behavior Intervention & Supports (PBIS), growth mindset, cultural responsiveness and inclusion, STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math), group facilitation, curriculum development, healthy habits, and so much more!