Hello Vestal! Wow, what a gorgeous week of sunshine we are having! This week has felt like we are definately in the flow of learning both at school and at home! We are really hopeful that your students are taking advantage of some of the on line learning that is available...like PE, Library, ART, and lessons with Mr. True! Check your child's class page for times and links!
The students are truly do an amazing job with mask wearing, social distancing, and hand sanitizing! One thing that came up this week was a question about masks...please read below-
There was a question about "vented" masks. Here is the language from OHA regarding these masks... For purposes of these FAQs the following definitions apply: • “Face covering” means a cloth, polypropylene, paper or other face covering that covers the nose and the mouth and that rests snugly above the nose, below the mouth, and on the sides of the face.
The following are not face coverings because they allow droplets to be released: a covering that incorporates a valve that is designed to facilitate easy exhalation, mesh masks, lace masks or other coverings with openings, holes, visible gaps in the design or material, or vents.
• “Mask” means a medical grade mask. • “Face shield” means a clear plastic shield that covers the forehead, extends below the chin, and wraps around the sides of the face.
Conclusion: Vented masks do not adequately prevent droplets from being exhaled and are therefore not allowed.
We have masks at school for any student that needs one!
In other news-
Tomorrow is Friday pick up for all CDL (at homelearners). Please come pick up your packet from 12:00-2:45.
In person learners will get your packet tomorrow in class.
Food is served Friday afternoons 2:15-3:30.
We will have picture day this Spring...May 7th...watch for details soon!
Last night was our first Connect to Kindergarten and it was terrific! We will have another on May 13th from 6-7pm...link will be shared closer to the date!
Remember, every Friday is Vestal Spirit Day...feel free to wear your Vestal gear or anything with messages for social justice, love and hope!
Hello all, happy Thursday evening!
Wow, this week has been different than any other...we had our at home learners and our in person learners start this week with their teachers! Obviously there was some transition...going from the whole class on line to only half on line OR actually coming in person, getting used to the health screening, walking 6 feet apart, sitting six feet apart, wearing masks, lots of hand sanitizing...it has all taken some getting used to! However, in the conversations I have had with teachers and kids, we are all getting used to this new way of doing school!
A few notes...
* Now that are getting used to school, kids have a day off! Friday is a teacher work day for completing 3rd quarter report cards!
* Packet Pick up will happen tomorrow from 1:00-2:45 right outside the Portable by the backstop.
* Help beautify Vestal's property!
Bring your kids & your tools this Friday, April 9 anytime between 9-1 to pull weeds, rake leaves, or pick up trash! If you'd like to help Ms Deniston & Mr Swehla prepare the outdoor classroom in the SE corner near the portables, check in there & see if they can use your help. Please bring your own gloves, tools, trash bags & water bottles. We hope to see you there!!
* We are thankful for each and every one of you!
Hello Vestal Community! Happy Sunny Thursday...and happy April!
* Kindergarten and 1st grade and our K2 ISC (Ms. Monica's class) class start TOMORROW!!! We ready to welcome these little ones and have a practice day before all kids come on Monday!
* 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and our 3-5ICS (Ian's class)
* The school bus will be driving routes tomorrow (you may have already seen them drive by!). Only get on tomorrow if you are in Kindergarten or 1st grade OR if it is your special K2ISC bus!
* Food pick ups will be available tomorrow and every school day from 2:00-3:30!
* During school hours, no one can drive on our playground. You can park in the side parking lot. If you want to drop your student off, you can pull up on Everett St. and drop off...but you cannot PARK kere. If you need to park and walk your student to the door, you will want to park in the side parking lot!
* Walking School Bus---
The PTA is working to arrange a "walking school bus" system to support families in getting their kids to and from school for in-person learning. The idea is that students will walk to and from school with a parent/guardian chaperone, picking up and dropping off other students along the way.
If you are interested in joining a walking route, or if you have any questions, please email the PTA at vestalelementarypta@gmail.
com with the following information:
- your child(ren)'s name and grade
- your address
- which days they would be joining (to and/or from school)
- whether an adult in your family would be available to chaperone the group some days
* Just a reminder that all stduents in grades 1-5 should bring their chrome book with them to school! Students are also welcome to bring a FULL water bottle and a backpack!
We are sooooooo excited to have the rthymn of school again...it won't be quite the same BUT it will be wonderful...whether you are leanring from home OR school!
If you have questions...please ask!