Campfire Before and Aftercare
Camp Fire Columbia is pleased to serve the Rose City Park neighborhood school community for the 2018-19 school year as the Before & After School provider. Camp Fire has operated at the Rose City Park building since it reopened in 2014. We look forward to continue fostering relationships and offering engaging programming.
Camp Fire’s Before & After School programs serve 750 youth in the Portland metro area. We currently operate in seven Portland Public Schools including Sunnyside, Creative Science, Woodlawn, Peninsula, Hollyrood, and Fernwood. Each site complements the needs and interests of the local school community. Camp Fire Columbia also provides programs including day camp and residential/overnight camp.
You can find more information on our website, but here are a few highlights about the Camp
● Enrichment clubs. Youth choose from a rotation of theme-based clubs inspired by
youth voice. See the additional attachment for this year’s examples at Rose City Park.
● Relationships. Camp Fire staff focus on building strong relationship with youth and
families to better understand the communities we serve.
● Academic support. We offer this through skill building and homework help.
● Sparks. Sparks are what we call those passions or interests that make you come alive.
At Camp Fire, we encourage creativity and learning while exploring Sparks!
● Leadership. Staff help youth practice leadership and community connection through
service-learning projects and student-led clubs.
● High quality staffing. We invest in quality staff by offering competitive living wages, a
range of benefits, and paid training and planning hours to ensure that your children will
receive the best consistent care possible.
● Financial Assistance. We work with the Employment Related Day Care program
(ERDC) and offer Financial Aid discounts on a sliding scale ranging from 20%-70% of
Jon Myers, Before and After School PPS Multi-Site Coordinator
Kirsi Baird Barber, Before and After School Program Director