SUN Community Schools have:
- After school programs
- Quality instruction, enrichment, and extra-curricular activities
- Links to food, shelter, and help with energy bills.
- Many sites have on-site food pantries or Harvest Share
- Connection to health and mental health services
- Some sites have on-site school-based health clinics
- Adult education and recreation such as English classes, computer skills, and Zumba
- Parent and family activities and events
Community schools are open longer during the school year and in summer.