There are many opportunities for families to volunteer and get involved at Maplewood. Check out this presentation about volunteering at Maplewood:
How do I become a volunteer at Maplewood?
- Read the volunteer code of conduct, complete the training, and submit a background check on the PPS webpage
- Watch the Maplewood Volunteer Orientation hosted by Principal Galloway
- Receive approval notification from the district (remember to bring your ID to school on your first day of volunteering)
- Fill out the Maplewood Volunteering Interest form
- Check out the Volunteer Opportunities at Maplewood or email Lauren, Maplewood's volunteer coordinator [firstname.lastname@example.org]
What kind of volunteer opportunities are there at Maplewood?
- PTA - Support the PTA's efforts to fundraise for our school and host non-fundraising community building events
- Foundation - Support Foundation's fundraising efforts that fund critical staff at our school
- Class Parent - Coordinate classroom volunteers for your student's teacher and help organize parties and events as directed by the teacher
- Classroom - reach out to your class parent to learn about how to volunteer in the classroom.
- Academic Support - Work 1:1 with students in Math and Reading
- Lunch or Recess - support students to be safe, kind and responsible at lunch and recess
- Library - Help students check out book or reshelve books