Harriet Tubman News
10/9/2019You should apply for benefits if:
Applications are available at your school or the district office. You can even apply online! If your financial situation changes at any time during the year, you may apply with the new information. Here's the link:
- Your household meets the federal income guidelines
- You qualify for SNAP benefits and you do not receive a Direct Certification letter before school begins
- You take part in the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- You receive Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- You are applying for a Foster Child
Do you play chess? Do you want to learn to play chess?
SUN Community School has the opportunity to partner with Chess For Success this year which is very exciting! We are looking for students to participate in this fun club.
The club will be held on Monday and Wednesdays from 4:30 to 5:30 pm.
If you are interested please contact DaRaysha Kennedy.
The transfer application timelines for the 2020-21 school years are:
- Middle & High School applications available November 5-December 3
- K-5 applications available February 5-March 6
Please note: Middle school lottery transfers will be on the same schedule as high school transfers this year.Questions? Contact the Enrollment & Transfer Center, 503-916-3205.
NUTRITION SERVICES IS HIRING
PPS Nutrition Services provides students with delicious, high quality, nutrient rich meals to support learning. Our mission is to educate palates, inspire culinary curiosity and nourish the health of the community through school meals. Our students are able to achieve their best when they are nourished throughout the day. Great reasons to join the Nutrition Services team:
- Day shifts - no nights, weekends or holidays!
- 2-6 hour shifts - most shifts are flexible for either dropping off and/or picking up children from school
- Opportunity for advancement, training and professional development provided
- Free breakfast and/or lunch for employees
- Membership as a professional within the national School Nutrition Association
- Benefits also include paid time off and paid holidays* (per contract)
- Represented by SEIU 503 Local 140
All employment applications are submitted online. Please visit careers.pps.net. All applicants must be fingerprinted, pass criminal record check and obtain a Multnomah County Food Handlers Certification. Call 503-916-3399 for more information.
8/27/2019We are in need of antibacterial wipes, facial tissue, and hand sanitizer. Please consider donating! Items can be dropped off in the main office of Harriet Tubman MS.