Our purpose, in partnership with families and our community, is to provide rich educational opportunities with high expectations for every child in a safe and nurturing environment that fosters critical thinking, celebrates diversity and promotes lifelong learning and social responsibility.
Kelly Elementary boasts two language programs, English and Russian Immersion. Our students learn critical thinking skills which prepare them for educational challenges and create life long learners. Students and families come from diverse cultural backgrounds and speak many other languages including Spanish and Vietnamese. Our PTA, parents, teachers, and staff are valued community partners. The Lents neighborhood school is conveniently located close to the I-205 Light Rail and next to Glenwood Park in Southeast Portland.
Student and Family Support
• Free breakfast for ALL students
• Special Education
• ESL classes for English language learners
• Academic support
• Kelly Center Head Start on campus
• SUN after school academic enrichment, and recreational programs
• Community Food Pantry
• Transportation to Wattles Boys & Girls Club
• Monthly Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese/Chinese, and Black parent affinity meetings
Student learning environment - The natural world, especially Johnson Creek, is an extension of our classrooms. The arts are central in the life of the school. Families are seen as partners in children's learning. A strong emphasis is placed on creating an environment that replicates a family. Children develop disposition toward collaboration through peer and cross-age tutoring. Diversity among our families contributes to the richness of our school. Learning is the school's highest priority. Every effort is made to ensure that children receive the support they need in order to be ready to learn.
- Russian Immersion Program
- Play Works
- Social Emotional Skill Development
- SUN after school programs
- Garden Education