Parent Teacher Association
You are invited to join PTA!
Kelly PTA Standing Rules can be viewed HERE
Want to e-mail the Kelly PTA? email@example.com
What is PTA? Why join PTA?
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school.
There are many more PTA advantages:
Get connected. There's no better way to know what's happening in your school.
Discover great resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
Tap into a network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns and experiences.
Watch yourself grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause-your child and all children in the community.
Speak up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
Witness improvement. By getting involved at your child's school, you'll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
Be a role model. By becoming a PTA member, you'll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Enjoy substantial benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership, including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
Kelly PTA Meeting Minutes- February 2019
February 20, 2019
Where: Kelly Elementary Library @ 9030 SE Cooper St, Portland Or 97266
Board Attendees: President: Kiara Deegan; Secretary: Shelly Tillman
General Members/Guests- 7
- Called to Order- Quorum met- 6:03PM to 6:10PM- Kiara
- Introductions of attendees
- Secretary’s Report- 6:10PM to 6:13PM- Shelly
- Last Meeting Minutes (read to attendees) - Shelly 6:10PM to 6:13PM
- Amendment to Minutes by Suzy Stromer, member- 6:10PM
- Kelly PTA made significant movements/efforts towards recruitment for the current vacancies available- all agree 6:11PM
- Motion to Approve Minutes- all in favor - 6:13PM
- Treasurer’s Report- 6:13PM to 6:17PM- Kiara
- Received check(s) from Mike North (Trailblazer Fundraiser) for $115.00 and Kroger for $106.17. Total Deposit $221.17
- Bank account total is $6,970.44
- PTA Executive Board Ballot Elections and Nominations 6:17PM to 6:29PM- Kiara
- The positions available are for the rest of the school term only.
- Elections will be held in May 2019 for the 2019-2020 term
- A Nominating Committee will be formed and they do not have to be a current Kelly PTA member
- Current Vacancies:
- Kelly PTA VP- No Nominees
- Kelly PTA Treasurer- Shauntea Lomax McManus nominated herself; Suzie Strommer 2nd nomination- 6:21PM
- Kelly PTA Communications Chair- No Nominees
- Voting Commences- Taller Committee Kristi Dille tallies votes- 4 votes submitted- 3 votes for Shauntea Lomax McManus 6:25PM
- Motion to destroy ballots- all in favor- 6.27PM
- Old Business- 6:29PM to 7:31PM- Kiara
- Kelly Playground Progress Update- Robyn Faraone w/PPS
- Two different quotes were in question
- Quote from PPS was $78,811.00
- Quote from Kelly PTA was $74,000.00
- The percentage of contingency costs in question
- Questions on whether DePave is necessary
- The head custodian surveyed the property and found no issues under asphalt
- Robyn requested Kelly PTA to send her the completed grant packet for her review
- Robyn will provide quotes for similar structures that are under the budget. She will provide them at the next Kelly PTA meeting on March 14, 2019
- Kelly PTA requests that Robyn research structures that are ADA compliant with possible sensory boards along with swings.
- Review amended Standing Rules
- General Membership- Section B- quorum set forth shall be 3 general members
- General Membership- Section F- all paid Kelly PTA Memberships must be shown as paid 48 hours prior to any General Meeting
- General Meetings- Section A- Meetings are held quarterly unless decided otherwise
- Officers- Section B- In the event there is no nomination for either President or Treasurer, the Kelly PTA can motion to dissolve the Kelly PTA at that time
- Officers- Section D- Executive Board officers can have up to 2 excused absences from executive board meetings per school year
- Order of business of this association shall be- added meeting minutes- removed gift raffle
- Move to update Standing Rules- all in favor- 7:31PM
- SUN School Winter Celebration 7:32PM to 7:37PM
- Cristina Helvie asked if Kelly PTA would donate $200 for food for the SUN School Winter Celebration
- Amy Whitney motioned to move $200 of the discretionary funds to a line item for the SUN School Winter Celebration donation- Shauntea Lomax McManus 2nd- all in favor 7:37PM
- Kelly PTA requested that the guests know Kelly PTA donated to the SUN School Winter Celebration
- Meeting Adjourned 7:37PM- Kiara