Borrowing Book Policy
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade--1 book, may be taken home.
- 2nd Grade--2 books
- 3rd-5th grade--3 books*
*Students may have additional books checked out for class projects and OBOB competition.
- Students may borrow books for 14 days.
- Books may be renewed up to 2 times, unless there are overdue books on the student's account or there is a hold for the book being renewed.
- Courtesy e-mail reminders are automatically generated 3 days before the book is due.
- Automated overdue notices are sent via e-mail after 14 days, and again after 28 days.
- School Pay will generate a bill for unreturned materials at the end of the school year.
- Bills will be generated by the librarian for any damaged books.
- Students are limited to one graphic novel at a time.
- Current OBOB books are reserved for students who are participating in the competition. After the competition is over, OBOB books are available to all students.
Students should return their book by putting it in their classroom library tub the day before their class has book checkout or by 8 am the day of checkout.
Library fines can now be paid with School Pay
School Pay is the District’s new online system for students and families to pay for fines. Library fines for lost or damaged materials will be synchronized with Destiny, the library circulation system, nightly. If your student has a library fine, it will show up in School Pay the next day. Paying through School Pay will automatically clear your student’s library fine in Destiny. It is recommended that you use School Pay for all library fines. If you are unable to use School Pay, library fines may be paid in the Main Office. School Pay can be found at https://www.pps.net/Page/3528 .