Literary Resources K-4
- Guys Read, www.guysread.com. This site had really well done book lists by topic!
- Boys Read, www.boysread.org. This has great parent tips for reading!
- American Library Association, http://www.ala.org/. This site is full of great links.
- Read Kiddo Read, www.readkiddoread.com. This is an awesome website! I love the layout! The books are leveled initially so it would be easy to find the right difficultly of book. I also love how each book has a parent rating as well as an educator rating.
- Getting Boys to Read, http://www.gettingboystoread.com/. This is an interesting site with a wide variety of information about boys and reading. I like that it has book suggestions along with strategies to use to help boys read (like incorporating movement).
- The Best Childrens Books, http://www.the-best-childrens-books.org/. This site was suggested by another parent as a good resource for finding books. It was created by teachers.
Books with multicultural and ethnic prizes
American Indian Youth Literature Award: www.ailanet.org/activities/youthlitaward.htm
Asian Pacific American Awards for Literature: www.apalaweb.org/awards/literature-awards/past-literature-awardwinners
Before Columbus Foundation American Book Award: www.bookweb.org/btw/awards/The-American-Book-Awards---Before-Columbus-Foundation.html
Coretta Scott King Book Award:www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/emiert/cskbookawards/index.cfm
Lee & Low Books. New Voices Award: www.leeandlow.com/p/new_voices_award.mhtml
Skipping Stones Honor Awards: http://nameorg.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/2011Skippingstones-2011-awards.pdf
Tomás Rivera Mexican American Children’s Book Award: http://riverabookaward.info
The Américas Book Award for Children’s and Young Adult Literature: www4.uwm.edu/clacs/aa/index.cfmYork, Sherry. 2005.
- Rainbow Books: http://glbtrt.ala.org/rainbowbooks/
I hope you found the new literacy resources to be helpful. If you could please take a minute to answer a very brief survey about the literacy pages on the school website it would be very useful. I will use this information to make changes to the website, as well as a write-up for my reading practicum course requirements. If you have addition comments or questions about literacy, also feel free to email me, Nicole Hunt, email@example.com.
Follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2DKZFLN