Alliance High School @ Meek is an alternative high school with four career-technical options - auto, manufacturing, natural resources and digital technology.
- Learn at your own pace
- Flourish in a small, inclusive welcoming environment
- Master life skills such as time management and conflict resolution
- Gain hands-on training in high -demand careers.
- Earn college credit
- Graduation with the same diploma offered by all PPS high school.
- Small classes - about 12 students for every teacher.
- Dedicated, highly qualified teachers know their students by their names, faces and dreams for the future.
- Students of all cultures celebrated, welcomed and nurtured.
- Comprehensive support provided, including full-time counselors and social work interns. Special Education, mental health and ESL on-site.
- spanish-speaking staff on campus.
- Students take five classes a day during every six-week term.
- Students have the opportunity to earn .25 credit per class, per term.
- Self-paced and interactive group classes available.
- All classes meet the requirements for a PPS diploma.
The required, six-week Discovery Program, teaches students to be prompt, polite, positive and prepared; to participate, persevere and produce. These skills set the foundation for successful learning at Alliance - and for a productive college or workforce experience.
- Claim 3 to 15 additional college credits through career-education programs.
- Choose from among 40 to 50 career and college-related field trip opportunities each year.
- Get exposed to careers in aviation, engineering, trades and design. Visit Nike, Wieden + Kennedy, and Portland Fire & Rescue, among other employers
- Train for careers that lead to family-wage jobs after high school.
During the COVID-19 school building closures, please use the following link to contact us about any interest in enrollment
for the Fall 2022-23: https://forms.gle/
After clicking the link above, please fill out the form to communicate your interest in enrollment for the 2022/23 school year.
We will be in contact with you soon regarding application paperwork and times we will be providing online informational sessions.
Enrollment Information Meeting Dates for 2022 - 2023 School Year
2022 - 2023
None - New Enrollment Complete
8/30/22 - 10/12/2022
- 9/13/2021, 5:30 PM (format TBD)
10/17/2022 - 12/1/2022
No New Students for this Term
12/5/2022 - 1/26/2023
- 12/13/2022, 9:30 AM
- 12/13/2022, 5:30 PM
1/30/2023 - 3/9/2023
- 2/7/2023, 9:30 AM
- 2/7/2023, 5:30 PM
3/13/2023 - 4/26/2023
Term 1 (Fall 2023-2024)
2023-2024 School Year
.Enrollment Procedures for Students
Prospective Alliance at Meek students must attend an information session with a parent or guardian and fill out an application prior to applying.
Following the information session, IEP records are requested and reviewed to ensure that we can serve the student and a wait list is created if we have greater demand than space available. All new students must successfully complete Discovery upon enrollment.
Students who do not successfully complete Discovery may be referred to Reconnection Services or other arrangements are made until the next term and are given priority for re-enrollment the following term. These students do not need to go through the information session process or apply again.