Career Learning Opportunities
Build valuable career and life skills while providing opportunities to learn and explore career pathways.
Career Learning Activities
Check out career learning activities happening at your school and in local workplaces. Find them on your school bulletin, your school’s career center, and speak with your teachers and counselors.
School Career Activities
- Career Fairs – join businesses and industries at an event to explore a wide range of careers and jobs.
- Guest Speakers –hear from occupation, business, or industry workers about a particular career.
- Mock interviews –practice job interviewing skills from business or industry workers.
- Project-Based Learning Advisors - receive support and advice in the technical aspects of a project.
Workplace Career Activities
- Company Tours – join a group of students to visit a worksite to explore career options and the world of work firsthand.
- Informational interviews – learn more about career fields and understand the connection between school, work, and achieving goals.
- Job shadows - “shadow” individual workers in their daily routines and activities.
- Externship/Extended Job Shadow - experience “hands-on” learning and apply classroom learning in a real-life environment over an extended period.
Volunteerism and Enrichment
Summer enrichment and internship programs build valuable career and life skills while providing opportunities to learn and explore career pathways and local, national, and global services.
National and community service opportunities that allow students to develop work skills, earn money for education, and develop an appreciation for citizenship.
Hands On Portland
Community service opportunities in Portland.
Match your interests to volunteer opportunities in Portland.
Teen volunteer opportunities abroad.
Summer opportunities in cool places.
Local internship listing.
Internship information and opportunities in a range of careers and locations.
High School internships in Portland.
Internship resources, tips and opportunities in Oregon.
A public/private partnership that supports youth through their first work experience.
Ace Mentor Program
Practicing professionals attracting young people to real professions.