Welcome to Marysville SUN Community School
- What is SUN? SUN stands for Schools Uniting Neighborhoods. A SUN Community School is a place and support hub where schools and communities work together to support the success of children and families by providing a comprehensive array of services. Impact NW is Marysville SUN’s parent agency. Your full-time SUN Site Manager at Marysville is Audrey Rozell and your SUN Extended Day Coordinator is Terie Keller.
- Are you interested in free after school and summer enrichment/academic classes? After school and summer programing is offered to 1st-5th graders throughout the school year in 8 week increments and 4 weeks during the summer. Kindergarten classes are only offered on Fridays from 3:00 - 4:00pm during the fall, winter and spring (priority is given to those who have attended Early Kindergarten Transition during the summer).
2021-2022 Schedule (subject to change)
Fall: October 4- December 3 (no programming during Thanksgiving week)
Winter: January 10- March 4
Spring: April 4-May 27
Classes for 1st -5th graders range from drama, art, music, computers, reading and games are offered Monday through Thursday from 3-5:25. Students receive a hot meal, recess, homework help and a grade appropriate class of their choice. This year due to smaller class sizes, most students will receive 1 day/class per week. A kindergarten class is offered on Friday from 3-4pm. Snack is served. SUN after school program is FREE and open to all Marysville students. Donations are gladly accepted.
- Would you like to connect with other parents/families and perhaps become more involved in our school? SUN helps facilitate family engagement opportunities during the day and in the evenings. Learn how to help support our school through Site Council, Family Club (our version of a PTA), become more aware and connected to the mindfulness practices used at Marysville by attending Mindful Morning meetings, or bring a little sibling to Marysville Cubs (pending weather). Evening events in past years have included: Back to School Ice Cream Social, Annual Art Show, Science Night, Game Night, and Family Diversity Night.
- Do you need extra resources or help navigating the social service resource network? We provide assistance including: clothing resources, assistance with energy bills, Friday Food Backpacks to provide weekend food security, and support during the holidays.
- If you have any questions, comments, ideas, please feel free to contact your SUN Site Manager: Audrey Rozell, Room 150, 503-544-3380 (message or text), or firstname.lastname@example.org