Hello out there—and welcome back to school!
This is Paula, your Faubion Families United President. By now, I hope we've all had a chance to settle into our new school routines and are enjoying the start of what looks like an amazing school year ahead.
I'd like to invite everyone to join us at our first family meeting of the year on Wednesday, September 19th from 6:30pm – 8:00pm in the Family Resource Room. This first meeting will be dedicated to re-connecting with old friends, getting to know new faces, and exchanging information about what's going on at school. It will give all of us the opportunity to build community together and find out how to be as engaged at our school as we choose to be.
Children of all ages are always welcome and usually enjoy playing together while we meet—or hanging out with us while we chat. Feel free to bring a simple snack to share if you'd like—or just yourselves!
Our group will meet the third Wednesday of each month in the same time and place—6:30pm-8:30pm in the family resource room at Faubion. For many of us, evening meetings are impossible to fit into a hectic family life, but please don't let that become a barrier for you or make you feel at all isolated from our community. Meeting attendance is not required to be a member of Faubion Families United, and someone from our group is always available to answer questions and help connect you to resources and projects at our school. If you see any of us in school, just grab us and we're happy to chat. You can also check our website at http://faubionpta.org/, email us at email@example.com, or text/call me at 971-263-5542 with questions.
Here's a short list of the types of projects we can plug into throughout the school year: Harvest Festival, Equity Training, Education & Book Club, Lunchtime Composting, Grant Writing & Fundraising, Book Fair, Garden Education, Cooking Classes, Movie Nights, STEAM week, & Auction.
In addition, we can help teachers directly by volunteering to assist in the classroom with tutoring, projects and special presentations, go on field trips, and help with office duties. And let's not forget our amazing staff who lead our kids through their specials (library, art, PE, dance and makerspace) every week. They can usually utilize support on targeted projects throughout the school year, and we are happy to help you navigate through your options.
As a quick reminder, here are some upcoming events:
- 9/12/18: Special Friends Day, 9:00am – 10:00am
- 9/14/18: Koffee Klatch, 9:15am – 10:15am, family resource room
- 9/17/18: Picture Day—FREE DRESS!
- 9/21/18: Community Peace Gathering
- 9/28/18: Pastries with Dr. Williams, 9:15am, family resource room
- 10/5/18: Fun Run!!!
Come join Faubion Families United--we look forward to getting to know you all better this year!
Faubion Families United President
Hello Faubion families!
I wanted to introduce myself to all of you. My name is Jennifer (Jenn) Maddox and I am the parent of a current 2nd grader at Faubion. I have recently taken on the role of Volunteer Coordinator for Faubion Families United (formerly the PTA) . I recognized the need to streamline volunteers at the school and stepped up to take on this task. What I am hoping to accomplish is to make sure families have the information and resources to help where and when they are able.
As you know, we have MANY events and programs at the school, all of which need a little extra help.
If you are interested in volunteering, these are the steps to follow:
1) If you have not already, please submit a background check through PPS: https://www.pps.net/Page/149
2) Upon confirmation of background check, decide on when you are able to volunteer and what your interest is.
3) If you are interested in volunteering in the classroom, please speak directly to the teacher.
4) If you are open to volunteering for one-time events and festivals, or ongoing programs at the school, please send a message of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message, please let me know when you are available and we can plug you into the appropriate program. Please note the word “volunteer” in the subject line of your message.
My URGENT needs at the moment are for the Clothing Closet (happening on Monday) and the Compost Program (currently happening).
I will also be at the Faubion Families United meeting on September 19th with a sign-up sheet for volunteering.
Thank you so much for reading! It’s going to be a great year.
Faubion Families United
Faubion PTA: http://faubionpta.org/