Your PTA is a formal organization composed of parents, teachers, and neighbors dedicated to parental participation in our school community. As a James John PTA member, you gain a voice and a vote in PTA events, activities, and dedication of resources. A strong PTA is a powerful and effective advocate for all issues at the school, district, state and national level. Becoming a member of the PTA gives you the opportunity to take part in important decisions regarding the school and the quality of education our students receive. Visit our Facebook page for more up-to-date information about our efforts to improve the lives of all James John students.
If you would like to join us, there is an annual membership fee of $10 per person which enables you to vote on PTA business at our monthly general meetings. Memberships are annual, with renewals at the beginning of each school year. If you would like to be a member, but you cannot afford the fee, please contact us. Scholarships are available. Your James John PTA membership fee is passed along to State and National PTA’s ($9.50), and Portland PTA ($.50), which funds local, state and national legislative efforts to improve education for all students.
2023-24 James John PTA Officers
(Please feel free to contact us with any questions).
- Jonny Savoie President: president@
- Katie Keller, Co-President: co-president@
- Mariela Perez Carrasco, Vice President: email@example.com
, esperanza.amor.vida@gmail. com
- Amy Gallucci, Treasurer: treasurer@
- Carla Wootton, Co-Treasurer: cotreasurer@
- Jen Carman Parker, Secretary: secretary@
- Martin Kennedy, Fundraising Chair: fundraising@
- Christine Vial, Communications Chair: communications@
- Cambria Olson, Green Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laura Kurtz, Website Chair: email@example.com
- (OPEN) Co-fundraising Chair: co-fundraising@
- (OPEN), Volunteer Coordinator: volunteers@
- (OPEN), Membership Chair: membership@
- (OPEN) Events Coordinator: events@
2023-24 James John PTA Meetings:
All meetings begin at 6:00pm with dinner in the James John Cafeteria before the engaging business and informational meeting in the auditorium at 6:30. Childcare and Spanish-language translation services are provided.
- Thursday, September 28st
- Thursday, October 28th
- Thursday, November 16th
- Thursday, December 14th
- Thursday, January 18th
- Thursday, February 15th
- Thursday, March 21st
- Thursday, April 18th
- Thursday, May 16th
If you have a PTA question, concern or agenda item, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteering is an excellent way to learn more about your child’s school, contribute to our community and enhance your child’s school experience. If you are interested in volunteering at James John, please complete a PPS background check (https://volunteer.pps.net/) and send an email to email@example.com. We have a range of opportunities both short and longer term and will work with you to find a way that respects your schedule. Volunteering is rewarding and vital to the success of our school.
Some examples of volunteer activities are:
- PTA clothing closet – Help at district donation center
- Helping Hands - Meets Wednesdays, makes copies, decorates bulletin boards, etc.
- Green Team - Grounds and garden work, beautification.
- Scholastic Book Fair - Help students and parents purchase books.
- Picture Day - Assist with organizing students
- Teacher Appreciation Week - Provide snacks for our wonderful teachers
- Library Aide – Shelve books, read to classes, and organize
- Playground Supervision - Play with students and assist teachers
- Events - Set up, etc.
As a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, the James John PTA is a self-supporting effort financed through donations. The PTA receives absolutely no funding from the school district. We are dedicated to supporting our school community by providing financial support to our teachers so they don’t have to pay for supplies with their personal money. We seek out opportunities to improve the school learning environment by financing special projects in the classroom and around the school grounds. We endeavor to meet these needs through creative fundraising efforts that do not rely on student sales campaigns. Instead, we encourage individuals, companies and groups who would like to support us through discrete donations. Your generosity is tax-deductible and in some cases it can be matched by your employer. Contact your Human Resources Department and inquire about your donation matching options. If we can assist you in making a donation to the PTA, please contact us at fundraising@jamesjohnpta.
org. If you have an idea for a fundraising event that does not involve students selling anything, please pass that idea along. There are persistent needs and many opportunities for us to support our school and enrich the lives of our students.
- Jonny Savoie President: president@