Welcome to the Library!
The Benson High School Library Media Program strives to prepare students to become critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, efficient researchers, and ethical users of information.
Students are invited to read, research and study in the Benson Library. In order to keep the Benson Library useful to all, we ask students to do the following...
- Have a signed Library Pass from their teacher or Early/Late Release card
- Use the library for academic purposes--Playing games is not allowed, except during lunch and after school. Reading is encouraged, "hanging out" and talking is not.
- Food and drink are not allowed at any time, even before school. Please help us keep the library clean!
- Use a quiet voice at all times.
- Art projects involving things other than colored pencils and/or markers are not allowed.
- Silence your personal technology and take phone calls outside the library.
- Be polite and respectful to Ms. Morris and Ms. Johnson-- they are always happy to help you.
Please see the Q & A for the Benson Library Expectations for Students if you have questions. It can be found in the Policies tab.
Mrs. Morris is the faculty advisor for the Pen to Paper Writing Club and the Oregon Battle of the Books (OBOB) team. Please contact her in the library if you are interested in joining either of these clubs.
Did you know?...
A new policy for Flex/Tutorial time starts Thursday, October 19th. Read more about it in the tab to the left called "Policies".
7:30am to 4:00pm
Monday through Friday