PPS Meals Update: How to Access Meals Starting June 216/9/2021
Dear PPS Families,
It has been a pleasure to serve your students meals this school year. We are happy to let you know that we will continue to provide access to meals during the summer, beginning June 21.
New Meal Distribution Sites for Summer
From June 21 through August 20, grab-and-go meal sacks, with breakfast and lunch, will be available between 3 and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday at 15 PPS sites for all children in the community ages 1-18 (this includes PPS students as well as children not enrolled at PPS).
Please note that meals will not be distributed on Monday, July 5, as the district will be closed in observance of the Independence Day holiday.
The PPS sites for curbside grab-and-go meal distribution:
- Boise-Eliot/Humboldt Elementary (620 N Fremont St.)
- Bridger Elementary (7910 SE Market St.)
- Faubion PK-8 School (2930 NE Dekum St.)
- Franklin High School (5405 SE Woodward St.)
- George Middle School (10000 N Burr Ave.)
- Grant High School (2245 NE 36th Ave.)
- Grout Elementary (3119 SE Holgate Blvd.)
- Ida B. Wells High School (1151 SW Vermont St.)
- Kelly Elementary (9030 SE Cooper St.)
- Lane Middle School (7200 SE 60th Ave.)
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Elementary (4906 NE 6th Ave.)
- Roosevelt High School (6941 N Central St.)
- Roseway Heights Middle School (7334 NE Siskiyou St.)
- Sitton Elementary (9930 N Smith St.)
- Woodmere Elementary (7900 SE Duke St.)
Also, in partnership with Portland Parks and Recreation, daily free meals and activities will be offered throughout the city in the following parks June 21-August 20:
- Alberta Park (NE 19th Ave. and NE Jarrett St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Columbia Park (N Woolsey Ave. and N Winchell St.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Cully Park (5810 NE 72nd Ave.): noon-1 p.m.
- Essex Park (SE 76th Ave. and Center St.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Harrison Park (SE 84th Ave. and Harrison St.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Holly Farm Park (10819 SW Capitol Hwy.): noon-1 p.m.
- Irving Park (875 NE Fremont St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Kenton Park (N Delaware Ave. and N Kilpatrick St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Khunamokwst Park (5200 NE Alberta St.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Lents Park (SE 92nd Ave. and SE Steele St.): noon-1 p.m.
- McCoy Park (N Newman Ave. and N Newark St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Montavilla Park (NE 82nd Ave. and NE Glisan St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Scott Park (SE 72nd Ave. and SE Ramona St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Peninsula Park (700 N Rosa Parks Way): noon-1 p.m.
- Raymond Park (SE 118th Ave. and SE Liebe St.): noon-1 p.m.
- Johns Park (8427 N Central St.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Stephens Creek Crossing (6715 SW 26th Ave.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Verdell B. Rutherford (1599 SE 167th Ave.): 12:30-1:30 p.m.
- Wilkes Park (NE Sandy Blvd. and NE 154th Ave.): noon-1 p.m.
We are honored to serve your children; we hope to see them this summer!
PPS Nutrition Services