Information for Prospective CSS Families
Who can apply?
How many spots are available?
- Students can begin at Creative Science School in kindergarten or transfer in at any grade level up to 7th grade.
- Students who are in 8th grade are accepted by petition only.
When does the lottery open?
- There are typically around 45 kindergarten slots available each year and a handful of spaces available in grades first through seventh.
- Middle School Lottery (Midlevel 6th-8th grade): IS CLOSED FOR 2021/22.
Join us for an information session to see if we are a good fit for your student.
- K-5 Lottery: IS CLOSED FOR 2021/22.
- Information sessions at CSS ARE NOT MANDATORY for new families.
- Information sessions for families that currently have siblings ARE NOT MANDATORY.
- Creative Science School hosted an Information Session for prospective 6th-8th grades on November 16th, 2020. Find the video here.
Information Night for Prospective K-5 Students
How to Apply?
- Was held online in February.
- Enrollment at Creative Science School is managed by the Portland Public Schools transfer process, which conducts a lottery for all transferring students. For further information on the transfer process, check the PPS website, or contact the Enrollment and Transfer Center, 503-916-3205.
How do I apply for the lottery for a sibling of a current CSS student?
- In order to enroll a sibling, you need to apply for the lottery online: https://www.pps.net/Page/2343. You’ll need your current CSS student’s ID number.
How do I know if my student(s) was accepted?
- Once the lottery is run, you will be notified by email and letter by the PPS Office of Enrollment and Transfer.
- Typically families find out results before the school.
- In May 2021 Creative Science School will host an Accepted New Families Information Night via Google Meet for families who have been offered a spot for the 2021/2022 school year. This event is scheduled for May 20th, 2021 at 6:30 - 7:30 pm. Look for a Google Meet link to follow closer to the event.
- Families will be provided information to find formal registration paperwork, information about joining email lists and parent groups, and will be able to ask more specific questions.
- The deadline to accept your offered spot at CSS is May 21st, 2021 by midnight.