Information for Prospective CSS FamiliesCreative Science SchoolLottery for 2023-24
Who can apply?
How many spots are available?
- Students can begin at Creative Science School in kindergarten or transfer in at any grade level up to 8th grade.
When does the lottery open?
- There are typically around 48 kindergarten slots available each year and a handful of spaces available in grades first through seventh.
- Middle School Lottery (Midlevel 6th-8th grade): is CLOSED for the 23/24 school year
Join us for an information session to see if we are a good fit for your student.
- K-5 Lottery: is CLOSED for the 23/24 school year
- Information sessions at CSS ARE NOT MANDATORY for new families.
- Information sessions for families that currently have siblings ARE NOT MANDATORY.
- Creative Science School will host an Information Session for prospective 6th-8th grades on November 15th, 2022.
Information Night for K-5 Students
How to Apply?
- February 22nd, 2023 6:30 pm
- Enrollment at Creative Science School is managed by the Portland Public Schools transfer process, which conducts a lottery for all transferring students. For further information on the transfer process, check the PPS website, or contact the Enrollment and Transfer Center, 503-916-3205.
How do I apply for the lottery for a sibling of a current CSS student?
- In order to enroll a sibling, you need to apply for the lottery online: https://www.pps.net/Page/2343. You’ll need your current CSS student’s ID number.
How do I know if my student(s) was accepted?
- Once the lottery is run, you will be notified by email, text, and letter by the PPS Office of Enrollment and Transfer.
- Typically families find out results before the CSS Office.
- Creative Science School does not conduct the lottery.
- Families will be provided information to find formal registration paperwork, information about joining email lists and parent groups, and will be able to ask more specific questions once the CSS Office receives the accepted students. The CSS Office will reach out to families using the contact information provided on applications.