Welcome to Marysville!
Dear Kindergarten Students and Families,
We are looking forward to seeing you soon! Below we’ve outlined a list of important dates and items. Please note that there have been some changes to the Kindergarten Ramp Up Dates.
First Day of School (September 8th)
The first day of school for all kindergarten students will be on Wednesday, September 8th. The school day starts at 8:40 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m. You can go to the PPS calendar to find additional dates for the school year.
Family Conversations (September 1st or 2nd)
Teachers will be scheduling individual family conversations by video chat, phone, or in person. Your kindergarten teacher will call to schedule an appointment with you on August 25th. Discussion questions may include the following:
- What are your hopes and dreams for your child this year?
- What do you most want me to know and understand about your child?
- What questions can I answer that will help your family feel ready for Kindergarten?
Ramp Up Days (September 3rd or 7th - note date change)
Prior to the first day of school, your student will have a chance to come in for one full-day “warm up” on either Friday, September 3rd or Tuesday, September 7th.
- Students with a last name beginning with A-L will come to Marysville on Friday, September 3rd, from 8:40 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Students with a last name beginning with M-Z will come to Marysville on Tuesday, September 7th, from 8:40 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Students meet at the K-1 entrance on the south side of the building.
We have compiled a list of supplies that would be helpful for your student. Supplies will be individual next year in order to reduce the risk of spreading germs. These supplies are suggestions and not mandatory.
Beginning August 16th, our school secretary, Melinda Leong, will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., to answer questions by phone (503-916-6363) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also contact her to schedule an in-person appointment.
Health and Safety Measures
Visit Portland Public Schools’ 2021-22 School Year Health and Safety Measures webpage to find the most recent information on the district’s health and safety measures.
Before and After Care
We look forward to seeing you at the family connect event!
Marysville School Principal