Enrolling in your neighborhood school
Isku soo qor meelaha Soomaali | Inscripción en español | Регистрация на русском| Ghi Danh Tiếng Việt Nam Ghi Danh Tiếng Việt Nam | 使用中文报名
Portland Public Schools has great neighborhood schools where families find great teachers, a strong academic program and a sense of community close to home. The school district also offers a number of focus option programs that specialize in a topic area such as the arts, sciences or dual-language immersion. To help you find and enroll in a school or program that meets your needs, we’ve broken down the process. New students can enroll in their neighborhood school at any time by going to the school.
Follow these steps to find your school:
- Locate your neighborhood in the box below.
- Attend the open house for your neighborhood school.
- If you are also interested in a different school, attend that open house as well.
Find Your School
Registration and Registration Requirements
View School Information View Services the District Offers
Fact sheets about high schools School Progression Patterns
School demographic information
English | 中文 | Русский | Soomaaliga | Español | Tiếng Việt
Meeting all students needs
- Register at your neighborhood school. If language assistance is needed, register at a Welcome Center (Link) in August. Centers also assess students English language level.
- PPS encourages families with concerns about their child's development under age 5 to get an assessment for special education services. Call the Multnomah Early Childhood Program, 503-261-5535, for a referral to the PPS Early Childhood Evaluation Team. Contact the PPS Team directly if you have questions: 503-916-3426. (English/Spanish).
- Families concerned about their school-age child's academic, motor, self-help, communication or social-emotional skills should talk to their child's teacher about an assessment for services. If you have questions, contact your principal.
- Students K-12 are first nominated by their teacher or parent/guardian and then assessed by PPS. If the student meets the criteria, he or she is selected to participate in the program.