Tech Instructions by Grade
Below you will find directions for implementing lessons to support students as they practice and demonstrate technology skills needed to be successful on the Smarter Balanced Assessment.
Each Tech Skills lesson should be about 20 minutes in length (K-2) and 30 minutes in length for (3-5) for an additional 10 minutes for keyboarding practice:
Use the Lesson Suggestions links to manage each lesson and focus on ONE tech skill per lesson (beginning in 3rd grade, teachers can focus on one skill plus typing) Each lesson includes:
- Modeling tech skill to large group
- Reviewing guided questions for each lesson
- Independent practice for each skill*
- Checking for understanding
* Whenever possible, lesson activities are aligned with ELA and/or Math CCSS.
"Middletown Public Schools." SBAC Tech Skills. Middletown Public Schools, Web. 19 June 2014. <http://www.middletownschools.org/page.cfm?p=9965>.