Resources for Healthy and Safe Learning this Summer6/27/2022
Dear PPS Community:
We are pleased that COVID-19 cases are declining in Oregon; however, we must remain vigilant as the virus is still widespread throughout the state. As PPS prepares for summer programming, we want to remind you of ways to protect your students and your family:
COVID-19 vaccinations - Students ages 5-11 years are now eligible for boosters. For more information on where to get a vaccine or your booster in Oregon, click here.
Mask usage continues to be an important part of a layered approach.
Complete a Daily Illness Self-Screening Checklist for your student to ensure they are well enough to attend summer programming. Your student should stay home and check with a health provider if they experience any symptoms on the checklist.
Inform your site administrator if your student tests positive for COVID-19.
- For students enrolled in Summer Acceleration Academy (July 11th through August 5th), PPS will continue to support free COVID-19 Testing programs including:
- Diagnostic symptomatic testing for Summer Acceleration Academy sites where an MESD health assistant or school nurse is onsite.
- OHSU screening testing for PPS students. Samples will be collected at Summer Acceleration Academy sites on Wednesdays while the academy is in session. Please ensure that your student’s sample is in the office of your identified Summer Acceleration Academy site between 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
- The following Student Health Center locations will remain open for health services during the summer!
- Parkrose Student Health Center (12003 NE Shaver St) is open now through August 26. If you have a health issue or need to continue care, you can receive the same services offered during the school year. This includes COVID-19 testing and vaccines, and immunization for school.
- Fliers: English/ Spanish, Chinese, Somali, Russian, Vietnamese
- The Benson Wellness Center (located at Benson High @ Marshall, 3905 SE 91st Ave. in Room A30) is open by appointment Tuesday and Thursday afternoons from 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. Call 503-418-0409 for an appointment. First time students receiving health care at Benson Wellness Center will need to register with OHSU by calling 503-494-8505.
- Fliers: English, Spanish