The Oregon Battle of the Books has begun! Click on the link below to find out more information on this year's nominees, rules, and resources.
OBOB 3-5 Grade Audio and ebooks
OBOB Mid-Level Audio and ebooks
Check back later in the Fall/November for a Team Registration Form
All of the books are available as ebooks and/or audiobooks through Multnomah Public Library’s Overdrive account using Libby.
Libby is a free app where you can borrow ebooks and digital audiobooks from your public library. You can stream books with Wi-Fi or mobile data, or download them for offline use and read anytime, anywhere. You can download the Libby app at https://multcolib.overdrive.com.
Go to https://multcolib.overdrive.com/library/kids then search by title.
Elementary Titles (3-5 Grade)
- The Best of Iggy by Annie Barrows
- The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart by Stephanie Burgis
- From the Desk of Zoe Washington by Janae Marks
- Harbor Me by Jacqueline Woodson
- Kinda Like Brothers by Coe Booth
- Letters from Cuba by Ruth Behar
- Me, Frida, and the Secret of the Peacock Ring by Angela Cervantes
- Measuring Up by Lily LaMotte & Ann Xu
- Rescue on the Oregon Trail by Kate Messner
- Shirley and Jamila Save Their Summer by Gillian Goerz
- Small Steps: The Year I Got Polio by Peg Kehret
- Snapdragon by Kat Leyh
- Spark by Sarah Beth Durst
- Ten by Shamini Flint
- The Trouble with Weasels by Rob Harrell
- A Wish in the Dark by Christina Soontornvat
Middle Level Title (6-8 Grade)
- Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston
- The Barren Grounds by David A. Robertson
- Blended by Sharon M. Draper
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- Ghost Squad by Claribel A. Ortega
- The Girl from the Sea by Molly Knox Ostertag
- Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse
- In the After by Demitria Lunetta
- Me and Sam-Sam Handle the Apocalypse by Susan Vaught
- Slider by Pete Hautman
- Taylor Before and After by Jennie Englund
- The Total Eclipse of Nestor Lopez by Adrianna Cuevas
- Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia
- We’re Not from Here by Geoff Rodkey
- When the Ground Is Hard by Malla Nunn
- While I Was Away by Waka T. Brown
The Oregon Battle of the Book’s mission is to encourage and recognize students who enjoy reading, to broaden reading interests, to increase reading comprehension, promote academic excellence, and to promote cooperative learning and teamwork among students.
OBOB considers the health and safety of our students, volunteers, educators, communities, and families to be a top priority. Due to COVID-19 and to comply with the guidance of the Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Department of Education, the OBOB Executive Board is providing the following services:
- The 2022-23 Title Lists for Elementary, Middle School, and High School levels.
- OBOB e-book and audio book titles for Overdrive for expanded access to these titles through public libraries.
- Registration for schools and public libraries opens on September 1, 2022.
- Registration will give access to local/school-level competition questions. Practice questions are not provided by OBOB.
- OBOB will host a State Tournament in April, 2023 at Chemeketa College.
- Regional competitions for 2023 will be virtual.
Updates will be provided through the OBOB website (www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org), the OBOB Newsletter (https://www.oregonbattleofthebooks.org/subscribe-to-our-newsletter/), and the OBOB Facebook Group.
OASL, and OBOB operating under its umbrella, are committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, and anti-oppression in our organization, policies, and practices.