For ages 16 - 19
10 Reasons why the IB Diploma Programme (DP) is ideal preparation for college.
1. It increases academic opportunities.
Research shows that DP graduates are much more likely to be enrolled at top higher education institutions than entrants holding other qualifications.
2. IB students care about more than just test results.
Through creativity, action, service, you learn outside the classroom and develop emotionally and ethically as well as intellectually.
3. It encourages you to become a confident and independent learner.
For example, the extended essay requires independent research through an in-depth study.
4. It's an international qualification.
The DP is recognized globally by universities and employers.
5. Graduates are globally minded.
Required language classes encourage an international mindset, key for increasingly globalized societites.
6. The IB encourages critical thinking.
Learn how to analyze and evaluate issues, generate ideas and consider new perspectives.
7. DP students have proven time management skills.
Learn good study habits and strong time management to further your education and move ahead in the working world.
8. It assesses more than examination techniques.
Learn to understand, not just memorize facts or topics and prepare for exams.
9. Subjects are not taught in isolation.
Theory of knowledge classes encourage you to make connections between subjects.
10. It encourages breadth and depth of learning.
You are able to choose courses from six subject groups and study subjects at different levels.
For more information: