PPS AP Test Site Security Regulations
EXAM DATES: May 6-10 and 13-17, 2019
Morning exam: ARRIVE at 7:00 AM; Check-in begins at 7:15 AM
Afternoon exam: ARRIVE at 11:00 AM; Check in begins at 11:15 AM
- Where do I go to take my exams?
- Except as noted, all AP Exams will take place at the Expo Center, 2060 N Marine Dr, Portland, OR 97217.
- AP Chinese and AP Japanese exams will take place at Benson High School, 546 NE 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97232
- When will I get out of my exam(s)? Exams should conclude at approximately noon (morning session) and 4:00 (afternoon session). Students are not allowed to leave any AP exam early.
- Do I have to pay to park? There is parking at the Expo Center but we do recommend that students use TriMet public transit, or carpool if possible. Students needing to park at the Expo Center will receive a voucher for free parking at the end of their exam. For students taking exams at Benson, there is limited on-street paid parking so arrive early.
- Can I bring my cellphone? College Board prohibits bringing cell phones, Smartwatches, iPods, MP3 players, or any electronic devices into the testing room, having them on your person, or using them during the break. Students will turn these devices in to AP staff prior to entering the exam area, and they will be returned at the end of the exam. If a student uses any of these electronic items in the testing room or during the break, they will be confiscated and the student may be dismissed from testing. If a phone, watch or other electronic device rings, vibrates, beeps etc. in the exam room during the test, it may invalidate EVERYONE’S test in the testing room.
- Can I bring food to my exam? Students are expected to eat a meal prior to checking in. But, please feel free to bring a snack and water/drink in a clear Ziploc bag (separate from your backpack/purse) to be placed under your chair. You will not have access to any food or water/drink during the exam except during the break time or after the exam officially ends.
- What should I bring to the exam?
- Your photo ID (This can be a government or school-issued photo ID)
- At least 2 sharpened #2 pencils with erasers (not mechanical)
- At least 2 black or dark-blue ball point pens for free response
- A graphing calculator for Biology, Calculus AB/BC, Chemistry, Physics, and Statistics examinations using the calculator guidelines at http://www.collegeboard.com/ap/calculators. Students may bring 2 calculators, but are not allowed to share calculators during the exam. Make sure your calculator has fresh batteries.
- Ruler or straightedge (for the Physics exams only)
- Snack/water in a Ziploc bag separate from purse/backpack
- Warm clothing for layering
- What will I do with my backpack/purse during the exam? These items will be placed under your testing chair, and you will NOT have access to them at any time during testing, including at break times.
- What if I don’t show up for my exam? All absences from AP exams will be reported to your high school. There are no refunds for exams.
- Can I take a late exam? You must speak with your high school AP Coordinator to discuss taking a LATE exam.
- What are expectations during the exam? Students are expected to give their best effort in completing exam questions, and to do so in a way that does not disrupt the testing experience of their fellow students. Failure to follow all school and AP rules (as outlined in the Bulletin for AP Students and Parents) during the exam and during the break may result in dismissal from the testing site and invalidation of your exam.
- Where do I go to take my exams?