What Fifth grade is learning in the library:
- Internet Safety Instruction!
- Advanced level of Google Application Instruction: Drive, Classroom, Docs, Slides, Sheets using photos and video capabilities.
- Improving skills on the Mac computer laptops: i.e. using a touch/click mouse, word processing, website browsing, and portaportal.
- Locating their library assignments in their classroom folders through network access.
- How to use the Alameda library catalog. Searching for books from home and at school.
- Movie Making using iMovie.
- Exploring references and their many uses and forms; i.e. print versus web-based.
- Understanding plagiarism and why bibliographies/reference citing is important.
- Accessing and locating a variety of web-based resources that will aid in research, writing, and locating skills without 'drowning' in an excess of information.
- Information gathering skills / Note-taking skills
- Slideshow presentation skills.
- Composing music using Garageband software. Using their music in their slideshow presentation.
5th graders write book reviews where we post on a shared website as a student resource. I encourage student to student book suggestions always gets books read!