What Fifth grade is learning in the library:
- Internet Safety Instruction!
- Advanced level of Google Application Instruction: Drive, Classroom, Docs, Slides, Sheets using photos and video capabilities.
- Improving skills using Chromebook laptops: i.e. using a touch/click mouse, word processing, & website browsing.
- How to use the Alameda Destiny Library Catalog. Placing books on HOLD.
- Exploring references and their many uses and forms; i.e. print versus web-based.
- Understanding plagiarism and why bibliographies/reference citing is important.
- Accessing and locating a variety of web-based resources that will aid in research, writing, and locating skills without 'drowning' in an excess of information.
- Information gathering skills / Note-taking skills
- Slideshow presentation skills.
- Intermediate skills using Canvas: A course management system that promotes online learning.
I encourage student to student book suggestions always gets books read! 5th graders get to check out up to five books each week!