OBOB at da Vinci
What is OBOB?
OBOB is a statewide voluntary reading motivation program. Students, regardless of ability, are exposed to literature representing a variety of literary styles and viewpoints. OBOB’s mission is to encourage students to broaden reading interests, increase reading comprehension, promote academic excellence and to promote cooperative learning and teamwork among students.
Teams consist of 4 members (with an optional alternate member) that share the responsibility of reading all the books listed below. We recommend each student reads at lest 4 different titles and memorizes the authors' names and book titles exactly as they appear on the books. Practice battles will begin in January.
Da Vinci OBOB is a student-led activity. The individual teams plan, organize and implement all that they do. The librarian is here for guidance and support but it is up to the individual students/teams to make things happen for themselves.
*There is no charge to participate.
6th - 8th Grade 2022-23 Title List
- Amari and the Night Brothers by B.B. Alston
- The Barren Grounds by David A. Robertson
- Blended by Sharon M. Draper
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson
- Ghost Squad by Claribel A. Ortega
- The Girl from the Sea by Molly Knox Ostertag
- Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse
- In the After by Demitria Lunetta
- Me and Sam-Sam Handle the Apocalypse by Susan Vaught
- Slider by Pete Hautman
- Taylor Before and After by Jennie Englund
- The Total Eclipse of Nestor Lopez by Adrianna Cuevas
- Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky by Kwame Mbalia
- We’re Not from Here by Geoff Rodkey
- When the Ground Is Hard by Malla Nunn
- While I Was Away by Waka T. Brown
The Leo Leaders won this year's da Vinci OBOB competition! Zayd, Zahra, Sebastian, Shanti and Aubrey. They were one of the highest scoring teams in the state this year, coming in 2nd for our Regionals!!
Degrees and Certifications: