Recommendations to Protect Yourself From the Heat7/25/2022
Dear PPS Community,
A moderate to high heat risk forecast continues in effect for the Portland Metro area. Here are safety measures and resources to follow to prevent heat related illness:
- Multnomah County has four 24-hour cooling centers, plus libraries with air conditioning
- The Oregon Health Authority has tips to stay safe in heat
- Beat the Heat- these are tips to help you prepare for extreme heat and information on heat related illnesses
- OSHA/NIOSH Heat APP - a heat safety tool app user guide
- If you know someone in need of shelter or drinking water, please dial 2-1-1, or email email@example.com
If you and your family need relief from the heat, here is some information you may find helpful:
Operations at the following City of Portland Parks Tuesday through Thursday
- Lents Park: Walker Stadium (4808 SE 92nd Ave, Portland, OR 972660
- Knott Park: NE 112th Ave & NE Russell St, Portland, OR 97220
- Mt. Scott Community Center: 5530 SE 72nd Ave, Portland, OR 97206
- East Portland Community Center: 740 SE 106th Ave, Portland, OR 97216
- Harney Park: SE 67th Avenue and Harney Street
- Glenhaven Park: 7900 NE Siskiyou St, Portland, OR 97213
PPS Summer Programming
Summer programming will continue as scheduled. PPS Summer Enrichment and Safety, and SUN programming may offer programming based on organizational decision making. Programs will communicate directly with families if they decide to pause. Please know that you will not be penalized if you decide to keep your student at home during this time.
For students and staff participating in summer programming, we encourage you to follow these recommendations listed on our website. We will continue to monitor weather forecasts and make adjustments as needed. The PPS website will be updated with information as necessary: www.pps.net.
Thank you and please drink plenty of water and stay safe.