Welcome to Sitton!
We are an amazing, diverse community serving 400 talented students! We offer a well-rounded program grounded in the belief that all of our students belong to all of us. A few important elements of our school’s model include:
- Our use of Equity Based Balanced Literacy including Reading and Writing Workshop
- Our use of standards-based mathematics instruction
- Our work to integrated English Language Development into Social Studies and Science Content
- Our philosophy and support for inclusion of students with identified special needs
- Our growing dual language immersion program in Spanish (K, ½, and 3rd grades)
- Our partnerships with families and the community
- Our commitment to engaging enrichment activities including Library, Physical Education, Visual Arts, Instrumental Music (strings for 1st-4th), Gardening Classes through GROW Portland, and Cooking Classes through OSU.
We communicate with families through various means including our weekly family newsletter in English and Spanish (available here); our Facebook page (please click on the Facebook tab); my weekly video newsletters on Facebook; through text messaging; and more. Should you have any questions, worries, wonders, or ideas, please do not hesitate to connect, come to Principal’s Coffee on the second Friday of the month, PTA on the first Thursday of the month, or Site Council & Family Leadership Team on the third Wednesday of the month. Our updated calendar can be found here.
Thank you for sharing your amazing students with us every day!
Dana L. Nerenberg, Principal
Hello everyone, I hope that you are all staying positive and in good health.
I wanted to send a quick message to our students, families, and to our entire dedicated PPS team, to give you an update on what we’ve been up to since Governor Kate Brown announced schools would be closed across the state of Oregon.
Dear PPS families,
Any PPS high school student that is in need of a device can now go to any of the nine distribution sites this Thursday or Friday from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. to receive a chromebook. Even if you did not already fill out a device loan survey, you may still pick up a device at:
Dear PPS Families and Staff,
Monday night, the Oregon Department of Education released significant new guidance, expanding “supplemental learning” to encompass “distance learning for all.”
Dear Families of PPS High School Seniors,
This is an unprecedented time in our community, with the COVID-19 public health situation causing us all to significantly alter our day-to-day lives. We know that these changes and the disruption to our school schedule has caused confusion, stress and anxiety for students and families across the school district. For high school seniors, who should be enjoying the final weeks of their PPS careers, this is a time of particular uncertainty.