9930 N. Smith St.•Portland, OR 97203•Ph (503) 916-6277•Fx (503) 916-2673
Portland Public Schools celebrated Earth Day 2023 with some climate-friendly additions to its transportation fleet: three electric-powered buses from GreenPower Motor Company.
When Mike Nolan of Ida B. Wells High School was named Athletic Director of the Year by the Oregon Athletic Directors Association (OADA), no one was more excited than his co-workers.
Dear PPS Community,
Saturday night, gunshots were fired outside of a district-wide basketball tournament held at Franklin High School. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured and the suspect is now in custody, but if you have any information about the incident please call 503-823-3333 or utilize the SafeOregon tipline.
Dear PPS Families,
As we prepare for the winter sports season, we want to share a few reminders for our spectators.
6:00 PM - 6:50 PM Sitton PTA Meeting
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM School Board- Regular Meeting
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM School Board- Facilities and Operations Committee Meeting
4:00 PM - 6:00 PM School Board- Policy Committee Meeting
Welcome to Sitton!
We are an amazing, diverse community serving 400 talented students!
We offer a well-rounded program grounded in the belief that when students and teachers are engaged in work that is challenging, adventurous and meaningful, learning and achievement flourish. A few important elements of our school’s model include:
- Our use of Wit & Wisdom and Benchmark Advanced / Adelante (DLI) in grades K-5 to provide an integrated Reading, Writing, Social Studies and Science approach.
- Our use of standards-based mathematics instruction, iReady Math.
- Our philosophy and support for inclusion of students with identified special needs
- Our dual language immersion program in Spanish in grades K-5
- Our partnerships with families and the community including SUN Community After School and YEP (Youth Empowerment Program). Every First Friday we hold a community celebration and farmer's market highlighting student performances, tables from a variety of Community & School Partners as well as our Food Bank and Clothing Closet Resources.
- Our commitment to engaging enrichment activities including Library, Physical Education, Visual Arts, and Music.
We communicate with families through various means including our weekly family newsletter in English and Spanish; our Facebook page (please click on the Facebook tab); through text messaging; and more. Should you have any questions, worries, wonders, or ideas, please do not hesitate to connect, come to Principal’s Coffee on the second Friday of the month, PTA on the first Thursday of the month, or Site Council & Family Leadership Team on the third Wednesday of the month. Our updated calendar can be found on the calendar tab of this website.
Thank you for sharing your amazing students with us every day!
Becky Berry, Principal