Roosevelt Supporter Club (RSC)
What is the RSC?
The RSC is a way for people who care about Roosevelt to come together in a positive way to enhance the experiences of everyone who calls Roosevelt home. The RSC has its roots in the PTSA but was adapted to better fit RHS. So, the RSC is like a PTA, but way cooler! There are no minutes to review, no budgets to approve, and no meetings to sit through.
Joining the RSC is a great way to meet new people and have fun with friends while doing some good! Joining means that you're making a commitment to help out when you can and that you're doing your part to make Roosevelt the best it can be. Everyone can do something … what’s your something?
There are three ways to be a part of the RSC:
What Do We Do?
We plan fun events designed to give you a chance to meet other people who care about Roosevelt and get your RHS questions answered in an informal setting. We also facilitate fundraisers – if you’ve got an idea about how to raise some funds for a program, get in touch. We want to help you make it happen! We also work together to provide support to the entire Roosevelt community. The whole idea is that if everyone does something then no one has to do everything. Just a couple of hours of your time really does make a difference and it really does matter!
What Else Do We Do?
Lots of things! From volunteering at events to supporting teachers and programs at Roosevelt, there are many different ways to get involved. Opportunities include:
- Volunteering to support a specific program or club (theatre, the library, speech team)
- Helping to raise funds to support families in need
- Helping out in the Clothing Closet or Food Pantry
- Selling tickets or working concessions at a sporting event
- Supporting teacher appreciation efforts
- Helping to fundraise for events like Field Day or the All Night Grad Party
- Showing Roosevelt some love by helping at a cleanup day
- Giving back to the community – everything full pulling ivy at Pier Park to flipping pancakes at the St. Johns parade
- And more … if you have an idea about how to help or want to get involved in a different way, definitely let us know!
What Do I Get?
Most importantly, you get a sense of community and the knowledge that you’re making a difference for Roosevelt! Your kid might not appreciate it now, but odds are, other kids will and your kid will eventually.
We also know you’ve got lots of other things you could be doing – we all do! – so we provide small tokens of appreciation for your support. When you first sign up, you get a cool RSC sticker. The first time you volunteer, you get an RSC key fob that gets you into home events for the student price. The more you volunteer, the more rewards come your way – cinch packs, thermal mugs, t-shirts, and more!
How Do I Sign Up?