World's Finest Chocolate
The Athletic Department Fundraiser has started!!! Find an athlete who participates in Fall Sports to purchase some chocolate.
1. Each athlete will only be given one box of chocolate at a time, and once they turn their money in from that box, they will be given another, with the goal of two boxes (min) per athlete.
2. The athlete who sells the most boxes of each team (Football, Volleyball, XC, Boys/Girls Soccer, Cheer, and Dance) will receive a pair of NIKE DUNKS. The team who sells the most (average sales per team) will receive a pizza party.
PIL Open Golf Tournament
Get your team(s) registered for the upcoming PIL Open Golf tournament! The PIL Open Golf Tournament is a fundraiser conducted by the PIL Foundation to generate resources to support Portland Interscholastic League athletes in Portland Public Schools. Nearly 1 in 3 PPS students, grade 6-12, participate in PIL athletic programming. Over the past 9 years, the PIL has grown to provide athletic opportunities to over 13,000 student athletes. With the continual expansion of athletic opportunities, there is a greater need for additional resources.
KEY PROGRAM FUNDING AREAS:
• PIL Youth Sports Program (PILYSP)- PIL TODAY!! Catch up here
• College Access Program (assisting PIL seniors to access and participate in collegiate athletics)- This past year we have assisted seniors across PIL to get to their college destinations. We have athletes committed to playing collegiate athletics in Alabama, California, Oregon, Washington and Canada!
• Growth and expansion of athletic opportunities (LaCrosse, Soccer, Youth Baseball and Softball)
Here's how you can help!
SPONSOR! We have several levels of Sponsoring available (see attached brochure)
Bring a team: REGISTER NOW! We have room for 60 teams. We will have a PM shotgun scramble on 2 courses.
SORRY! I can't participate this year but would like to contribute- Donate Here
Procure Golden Ticket and Raffle Items: Do you have a vacation rental or access to hotel stays, airfare, golf, big ticket items for the auction? Contact Heather Jenkins email@example.com
Volunteer: We need several volunteer needs the day of the event for a variety of support areas: greeting, SWAG bag assembly, registration, runners, golden/ticket/raffle table, lunch table, oncourse support for games, etc. Volunteer Here
Help us reach our goal! Please share this info with others you believe might have interest in supporting our fundraiser.
Event Information: 10th Annual PIL Open Golf Tournament
Register a team, become a sponsor, sponsor a hole, volunteer or help spread the news!
When: Wednesday, Sep 27, 2023, 12:00 PM
Where: The Reserve Vineyard & Golf Club, Southwest 229th Avenue, Aloha, OR, USA
The Athletic Department wants to extend our heartfelt gratitude to all the families who joined us at our Fall Parents/Coaches Meeting for Athletics. Your presence and active participation made the event a tremendous success. It's truly inspiring to see such a strong commitment from our families. Your involvement is a crucial part of creating a positive and supportive environment for our young athletes to thrive. As we embark on this new season, we look forward to working closely with you to ensure the best possible journey for our student-athletes. Your dedication and support make a significant difference, and together, we can achieve remarkable results. If you have any further questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Let's make this season memorable and successful for our athletes. Thank you once again for your time, enthusiasm, and commitment.
Below are the handouts that were given at the meeting:
The KBPS sportscasting program provides students in Portland Public Schools the opportunity to broadcast PIL football and basketball games. No previous broadcast experience is necessary. Any Portland Public High School student is eligible.PARTICIPATION REQUIREMENTS -- KBPS Sportscasting is open to all PPS High School students currently in good academic standing (2.0 GPA minimum.) Students who are interested must have written permission from a parent or guardian. Students must provide their own transportation to the game (broadcast locations vary by game, most broadcast games take place at PIL schools.) Students need to be present for the entire game (football games last about 2-3 hours, basketball games last about 2 hours - length of games can vary.) Students are recommended to bring their own water and snacks. Please email KBPS Instructor Jacob Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org to get the current KBPS Sportscasting schedule and to sign up!
Fall sports will officially begin Monday, August 14th & registration is open!
Roosevelt offers traditional fall sports, including Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Cross Country & Dance. Student athletes must complete registration on FamilyID, have a valid physical on file and be cleared by the Roosevelt Athletic Office in order to participate in sports. Follow the steps below to get started.
- Visit Roosevelt FamilyID to register for fall sports.
- Print a copy of the physical exam clearance form to be completed by your doctor. (Available to the right of your screen, or below on mobile devices)
- Upload your completed physical form to your FamilyID account, or return it to the Roosevelt Athletic Office.
You may use the information you submitted in previous seasons to save time for future registrations. After logging into Family ID, please use the following steps:
- Select the registration form
- Login using the email address and password you created last season
- Choose the sport
- Click on "Add Participant Below or Click to Select" and pick your child's name
- Update health and demographic information, if necessary
- Sign-off on seasonal agreements
- Save and Submit
For information on sport-specific workouts, please reach out to the head coach. A physical exam is needed for ALL students participating in athletics. You must have a Physical Exam by a medical practitioner (valid for 2 years). If you can't make it to your doctor, please call 503-988-3909 to make an appointment at the Student Health Center located at Roosevelt High School. Student athletes may get a sports physical for NO COST at any Multnomah County Student Health Center. Please make appointments early because they fill up quickly.
For more information on sport-specific practices/tryouts, please reach out to the head coach.
Contact info can be found here: Head Coaches 2023-2024
For specific questions, please reach out to:
Athletic Director: Willie Williams Email: email@example.com
Athletic Secretary: Jill White Email: firstname.lastname@example.org cell: 503-227-0818